Most Wanted Contributions [updated May 2011]

Dawn of Light related news and announcements.

Moderator: Developer Team

Re: Most Wanted Contributions

Postby Fuzzlix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Graveen wrote:Next point. I know Deatwish, Viper1805, etc... are also working on a public database. I think this is interesting to join the efforts :) feel free to pm them ;)

Thanks for your quick answer. i will pm them.

It is true: the kit structure doesnt need THAT fine grained. one "pub_si" should be good enouth. The sub-kits are a suggestion for the case one guy want to do the npcs and someone different does the items (for instance).

Talk you later. I send you a pm to ....

cu.
Fuzzlix
DOL Visitor

Postby Graveen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 pm

The Package_Id where introduced by Aredhel for his necro package - easy upgrading/removing if needed.

Its main problem stands it is difficult to cross reference given package. In example, a mob 'Talos' could be affected to TOA package, ML9 package, AERUS package...

We think about serialised package handling, TOA|ML9|AERUS where the db entry 'd be really removed if packageid is null/empty.

Ty i got your pm:)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Fuzzlix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Graveen wrote:The Package_Id where introduced by Aredhel for his necro package - easy upgrading/removing if needed.

From my point of view this necro stuff is a user kit. we may name it "ared_necro" for instance. i depends on "pub_si". Aredhel may name the kit like he wish.

Graveen wrote:Its main problem stands it is difficult to cross reference given package. In example, a mob 'Talos' could be affected to TOA package, ML9 package, AERUS package...

basically all toa stuff may be part of "pub_toa". all the toa sub packets makes sense only in case more than one guy do on toa stuff. If i would be god and able to do all the work by myself, i would define pub_base, pub_classic, pub_si, pub_toa, pub_catacombs, pub_drising, pub_rvr_old, pub_rvr_new. All other kits are more or less descriptive or to split the work. For instance in catacombs i may flag new items as pub_catacombs or pub_crafting_catacombs. So i may find items easier to place them into merchants.

Graveen wrote:We think about serialised package handling, TOA|ML9|AERUS where the db entry 'd be really removed if packageid is null/empty.

Serialized data may be great from a C# point of view. As a old low level coder i look feared at large text fields used as indexes. a UUID code as a keyfield is a good choice from my point of view - not the best but good. :)

One other importand point is the text encoding in our tables. I switched to german on my local server and some german chars like äöüß looks strange. we need to define a text coding (Collation) for printed strings. may be i screwed somthing up in my local database ;)

btw: may be we should start a new thread to discuss this database stuff?

cu.
Fuzzlix
DOL Visitor

Postby Graveen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm

yes, feel free to open one. DB Collation must be general utf8 ci. :)
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Merec » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 am

Graveen wrote:- spell creator (similar to mob creator)

My job is done! :)
Merec
Developer

Postby Graveen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 pm

an done in the royal way :) thank you :)
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: Most Wanted Contributions [updated Aug?2010]

Postby zenoth » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:33 am

Posting here because I told Phen I would. I love this server and am down to help anyway I can. I can learn quick and know where to go to get the infos I need if I don't know the code or procedure for whats asked. My email is jdzieman@hotmail.com and my msn is djd@kandieland.com
in came is Zenoth aka Finecheese
zenoth
DOL Guest

Re: Most Wanted Contributions [updated Aug?2010]

Postby Graveen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Thank you Zenoth, choose what ever fits you best.
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: Most Wanted Contributions [updated May2011]

Postby Tolakram » Mon May 09, 2011 1:42 pm

bump,

npc template style support
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Most Wanted Contributions [updated May 2011]

Postby Tolakram » Mon May 09, 2011 1:55 pm

A shame how many people posted and then vanished.

If you're interested in contributing and you have the skill to do it please try and post results in the contribution forum: http://www.dolserver.net/viewforum.php?f=47

I know a lot of people want to contribute but lack the programming skills. Unfortunately we (though strictly speaking for myself here) don't have the time to offer much assistance. Creating code and offering it for review in the contrib forum is really the best way to move forward as this allows people to comment on the code. Thanks!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Most Wanted Contributions [updated May 2011]

Postby azmishz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!..............
azmishz
DOL Guest

Return to “%s” Announcements