Your August newsletter, a bunch of fresh news !

Dawn of Light related news and announcements.

Moderator: Developer Team

Your August newsletter, a bunch of fresh news !

Postby Graveen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello dear community,

Here are recent news about our activities, and Storm. As usual, DoL Way of Life and Storm news.
Remember DoL is a pub, and you are always welcome to discuss future of the framework, technical issues or brand new ideas. You're welcome !
And while talking about welcome, Viper1805 joined the Community and Support Team ! /salute !

DoL Wol

DoL Setup:
Sadly, we don't even catch a single contribution from newcomers related to previous database. The assertion "releasing will bring contributors" never verified, once again. Anyway, we noticed far less whines on the forum about DoL database release policy, and this is good ! So good that i spent the last 10 hours to do a new public release, from the Storm's one.

The target is a familial ready-to-run server, with Classic replacing SI, due to the symbol it is for former DAoC players, and it includes:
- the latest core
- the following items: DF, NF, Classic (yes, no longer SI), all related loots, except 55+ mobs and 100% epic loots
- the facility to run your server with a single clic and no mandatory installations

Consider this DoL setup as a gift from the DoL team, not a will to perform again periodic releases - we don't have the manpower and the will to do this. Also, we appreciate the dynamic around external database projects and we are proud to support them in giving the basics (and more :rolleyes: )

Available soon in download section, keep an eye on your favorite RSS aggregator !

Tools:
The new spell & style creator is excellent, and this tool will be perfect for your server when it 'll be released. Please consider we need an opensource Mob Creator, and maintainers for existing tools, including a new Quest Designer (cf next §)

Code news:
A lot of good things ! Quests from ingame, OpenCL-driven mob's formations, Database changes (inventory x item, itemunique, zones), servers in server (cf next §) are done or in progress projects.Quests from ingame will need a questdesigner like tool, while we are always looking for coders or peoples interested in contributing about what they find interesting.
A code-a-thon with former DOL developpers (and others, it is open) was planned this summer; perhaps it 'll shift a little, but this is a funny idea i hope to realize.

Donations:
Dawn of Light donations are very very low. When you donate to your favorite shard, please think DoL is the base of the project :)
We plan to open soon a Zazzle store, where you could buy tee shirts, mugs, created by our talented artists; please stay tuned and don't hesitate to
grab stuff there ! You 'll have cool items, while it 'll help us. Thanks Brink668 for the design, items, and Bluraven for the items.

Web:
A brand new chat bar, facebook-like, will help us to stay in contact. Thanks Bluraven for the license.

Storm

Our official server grabbed numerous changes during the previous months:
    - Inventory x Item, no more itemfixer ! and this is very good, because the contributors one Storm's items are talentuous and numerous.
    - Taskmaster missions, for thoses liking to hunt in dark dungeons.
    - Storm Shard, a revolutionnary way to embed shard into a shard. You can currently try a PvP-like shard, (similar to camlann/mordred servers) or a diablo II one (fast action, tons of mobs, unique epic items generated in regard of your levels, Gambler, Portal to town...). Simply create a character and enter the Storm Shard at your left. Be careful, while you can discuss the whole server, you will be trapped into this parallel world.
    - Artefact quests
    - and so much i forget....

Have a nice summer with Dawn of Light, have a nice summer on Storm !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: Your August newsletter, a bunch of fresh news !

Postby deathwish » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 pm

nice work Graveen and the dol team! looking forwards for this new release :D Thx again for all your hard work!
- Terry - terryammon
deathwish
Database Team

Postby geshi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:13 pm

:D great :D no catacomb mobs/items right?
geshi
Contributor

Postby Phen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:06 am

catacomb items are being added, see the recent patch-notes from Arms. :D
Phen
Storm GM

Yahoo Messenger: KerzedSoul@yahoo.com

Postby baradien » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 pm

nice job ^^
baradien
Server Team

Postby Tolakram » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Woops,

catacombs is for Storm, not being added to the public DB. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby geshi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm

And
"Tools:
The new spell & style creator is excellent, and this tool will be perfect for your server. Please consider we need an opensource Mob Creator, and maintainers for existing tools, including a new Quest Designer (cf next §)"

Where I DL this ?
geshi
Contributor

Postby Graveen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm

this is rethorical, geshi !

the Spell/Style creator is not released, but we got a beta and it was huge. His developper 'll announce it as soon as he estimates necessary to do.
The real information is "focus on quest designer / mob designer instead, for Spell creator it is ok".
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Graveen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Also, i'll edit my post and precise DOL team is releasing a database to contribute in its way to the various db projects around (/point geshi, deathwish, viper1805 and their teams :twisted: )
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby deathwish » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:08 pm

I had a little idea, once dol release the new database, it be nice to have a database online, for trusted members, so they can log on and work with the database to updated the db fix any bugs and add new stuff and every month or every other month just release the database for public as a update.
Also with the new dol databse when release, it be nice to start merging other peoples databases into a newer, bigger and better database :) and use the new dol db as a base for it all :P
- Terry - terryammon
deathwish
Database Team

Postby Tinantiol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Tolakram wrote:Woops,

catacombs is for Storm, not being added to the public DB. :)

No way of this being included into the new release? =)
Drydruid Druid 10l4 (Deira off)
Driwyth Shadowblade 9l6 (Deira Off)
Dryinfiwyth Infiltrator 5l6 (Deira off)

Drywyth Cleric 11l7 (Eden)
Dryywyth Druid 11l7 (Eden)
Dryywyyth Bard 11l7 (Eden)
Dryywyith Shaman 11l7 (Eden)
http://genesis-daoc.forums-free.com/
Tinantiol
DOL Devotee

Postby Graveen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

not automatically, but:

- SI was released in the previous public
- Catacombs was merged in the previous previous public
- ToA was released in the previous previous previous previous previous one ( and the prev prev includes toa from MIG - a custom toa)

Misimouse did an huge work (a lot of things whee loggued from live. I know some points are better than Storm db, but the real problem is to know what)

FYI i spent 8h to simply clean, check and consolidate the database. Except a few warning, this new db is running like a charm: this is the difference between maintained and complete-but-raw datas which are finally unexploitable.

Good luck with this, this is not a little work.
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby deathwish » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm

any idea when the database will be ready for release?
- Terry - terryammon
deathwish
Database Team

Postby Graveen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm

busy since yesterday. perhaps i could free enough time tonight to compile, deal with embedded mysql db and create the installer. if not, tomorrow
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby deathwish » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:26 pm

cool, thank you Graveen, for all your hard work. looking fowards to see this :D
- Terry - terryammon
deathwish
Database Team

Return to “%s” Announcements