Diablo 3

Forum for any discussion not Dawn of Light related

Moderator: Support Team

Re: Diablo 3 release

Postby Roozzz » Fri May 18, 2012 10:48 am

From what I understood it is a single player game, BUT you can also play with friends in a sort of co-op mode.

If I am reading this thread correctly, there were some doubts/problems in the beginning but it seems to turn out okay?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Roozzz
Database Team

Postby Tolakram » Fri May 18, 2012 12:42 pm

At least that is my opinion, I saw Tolakram added me last night, I don't know if that was whilst logged into European servers. I know another American friend tried to add me, and nothing happened, maybe there is a delay, maybe it just doesn't work.
I changed to European servers, created a new character, and then added you. Sucks :(

Diablo III is both a single player and online game. Content and characters are all online, so you must have an internet connection. If servers are overloaded you can't even play single player. Jaded reviewers seem to think this is DRM, but I'm starting to understand the power of having everything be online.

- Instant access to a load of statistics
- Ability to move, change, add events, world pieces, npc's etc.
- Ability to prevent (or lessen chance of) character hacking

I also believe that they are hoping the realm money market, and the % cut they get, will help pay for the battlenet service.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

us.battle.net - not found
eu.battle.net - not found

this can't be good. Looks like other sites are down now as well. MLB.com (us major league baseball) for one.

Some kind of attack? Cloud service down? Hiccup in the space time continuum?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 pm

What if you made a game that required online mode and was so wildly popular that the masses connecting could not be distinguished from a DOS attack. :)

Just having fun with wild speculation.

I wonder if this is related at all to the facebook IPO today?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Taovil » Fri May 18, 2012 5:16 pm

QUESTION:

Diablo 3, is it cool and very nice ?

Please i need to decide, if i buy it or not!

Taovil
Taovil
DOL Experienced

Postby Etaew » Fri May 18, 2012 5:20 pm

its a fantastic game :)
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby baradien » Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 pm

it is very easy but im disappointed to buy a new tab for the vault is 100k gold lol

my battletag is Baradien#2320

currently lvl 34 barbarian

edit battlenickname
Last edited by baradien on Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baradien
Server Team

Postby Dinberg » Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 pm

- Instant access to a load of statistics
- Ability to move, change, add events, world pieces, npc's etc.
- Ability to prevent (or lessen chance of) character hacking

I also believe that they are hoping the realm money market, and the % cut they get, will help pay for the battlenet service.
I think there are better ways of doing this. Dungeon Defenders managed to get more or less all of that using an autoupdater and steam cloud; characters are mirrored between pc and live frequently.

Also, whats the problem with character hacking on a game like diablo? Its an rpg, if people want to mod or tweak the game I say let them. I remember modding Icewind dale as a kid and having a hoot making my own classes etc.
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Dinberg » Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-d ... ng-future/

heres a good post on the subject i think
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Charactraus » Sat May 19, 2012 2:43 am

I actually just read that article and got a few laughs.

The sad part is, this morning, I was excited to waste money to buy this game to the point where I was about going crosseyed and screaming, "Just take my money"... Until I saw the part where you needed Online connection for Singleplayer play. I was so... Wow... It just ruined my excitement.

... *sighs quietly and looks down* I wish I was born in the early 70's. Then, I really could've enjoyed the time of when DAoC had the most amazing graphics that all of us techies could ask for. Now... *heaves an iPad up on the table* This is the future. PC and Console are getting thrown out. *tosses PS3 into an incinerator* Well... At least we know that in a few years, our iPads could probably handle Crysis 2 graphics. I'm going to miss controllers so much.

To be honest, I hope Blizzard does something smart and do something like what Steam does; Offline mode. That's all I can say on the current subject of D3 right now. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have Internet 24/7. :?
There's a consciousness in the netspace, eating your bits and bytes. It's probably not me, but I forgot to remember to forget if that's true or not. If it calms you, it is most likely not benevolent or malicious. I can't even remember my name. Does it start with a letter? I can't quite prove this...
Charactraus
DOL Acolyte

Postby Dinberg » Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 am

I don't see tablet as a replacement for console/pc gaming experience; the pc has already resisted when they introduced the PS, N64, Megadrive, etc, and tablet suffer from the problem that they dont have buttons. If I'm playing a game a big monitor and buttons are excellent
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Charactraus » Sat May 19, 2012 7:28 am

But here's something to also keep in mind. The N64 was flawed and was not really... Yeah, there was no way it could've out-classed the PC. However, if you look at how many people now go out and buy iPhones and use them over their computers/laptops... I won't lie, I do use my Android a lot more than my laptop. :P

I will agree with you about the buttons, though. Unlike touch, you can actually reprogram buttons and switch them out. If you don't like an upward sweep on touch making your character jump, too bad, so sad.
There's a consciousness in the netspace, eating your bits and bytes. It's probably not me, but I forgot to remember to forget if that's true or not. If it calms you, it is most likely not benevolent or malicious. I can't even remember my name. Does it start with a letter? I can't quite prove this...
Charactraus
DOL Acolyte

Postby Tolakram » Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 am

You are missing a great game Charz, a really great game. I come back to play not only because it's fun but I want to see the rest of the story. Stop reading and buy it before your experience is spoiled :) First act, unfortunately, seems to be the worst, then the game takes off with plot turns and better gear.

. . . . . .

So the crafter guy that you can upgrade and make crafted items with, is the gambler.

I've crafted 10 rare helms with 4 magical bonuses ... just so I can get a good combination. Now I'm saving up my money to upgrade him further.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby baradien » Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 pm

its funny i thaught there were going 5 acts but there are only 4 acts

i guess there might a expension for the 5 act. cuz of the story

anyway im on nightmare lvl 33 ^^

edit; jesus christ 200k gold the last tab of your tash
baradien
Server Team

Postby Graveen » Sat May 19, 2012 2:43 pm

+1 Dinberg :mrgreen:

Damn guys i was on my way to install Skyrim, don't tell me i have a bus of late ? :D
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” Other Discussion