Diablo 3

Forum for any discussion not Dawn of Light related

Moderator: Support Team

Re: Diablo 3 release

Postby Dinberg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Guess this goes on the DNF pile
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Etaew » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:26 pm

3. I had to wait between drinking healing potions. NO!

That IS Diablo. Potion potion potion ... crap, portal to town, need more potions!

Idiots.
I'm enjoying Pocket Legends on my iPhone it has this potion mechanic :) love it, it's the Diablo charm, sadly my ISP has firmware issues with the blizzard launcher so I can't download the beta.
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby baradien » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

well there is a d3 clone so thats path of exile.

but i hate that blizzard dont send me that mail about resetting password. i there is something wrong there.
baradien
Server Team

Postby geshi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Path of Exile looks good yep, everything I have heard about D3 so far makes it sound like a dumbed down version of D2 with some new graphics..
geshi
Contributor

Postby Sand » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for this link, it's so true. :) Now to figure out a way to humilate some people without it biting me in ass.
Sand
Server Team

Postby Tolakram » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:01 pm

One other thing posted on a open beta weekend review that I did not see.
Gameplay is pretty much the exact same as the previous version. About the only new element is monsters sometimes drop health globes. It's an interesting mechanic because it sort of shifts your relationship with health potions a little bit.

There's also no real mana potions anymore. Resources either regenerate with time, or specific attacks build resources and other attacks spend them.

A lot of stuff got streamlined. Town Portal is now an ability (with a long cast time) instead of scrolls. Items are automatically identified. You pick up gold automatically. All your characters share gold, the stash, and crafting professions.
How sad.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 pm

And here is a positive opinion from another blog comments:

Having played the beta for the past 2 months I have the following things to say:
1: The skill system before they released the runes into the beta was horrible… the runes add a lot (if you get a char to max level you can look at a fair amount of what you can get) and actually add variety to skills. Me and my friend both went to the talent calculator for D3 on the blizzard website, and came up with our main demon hunter builds we will be using (and I expect a lot of people will stick with 1 main build and they do have rewards for this later), and we didn’t even have 1 skill or rune the same, and looking at them they would play completely different. My demon hunter was all about getting up close and doing massive AoE damage around me with Chakrams and Vault, his was all about staying out of close range and taking things down quickly with his bows.

2: The difficulty is very easy, especially if you use the blacksmith. However, this is probably intended as the beta is showing the area that is the ‘starter’ area. They have confirmed and I do believe them, that the areas past that get progressively harder even in normal. In D2, normal was easy until Act2, then you ended up with those lightning scarabs and other new enemies that made it much much harder. Also… there are 3 difficulties beyond normal, not just 2.

3: Talking to people… seems a lot in the beginning, but after you get past the initial 2-3 quests you don’t really talk to anyone else the remainder of the beta, and overall is not more than D2.

4: The weapon thing… I actually stopped noticing after awhile. For monks/witch doctor the weapons basically just increase the damage and possibly speed at which you use your abilities. Attack speed seems to affect the speed at which you can use most abilities with all classes. The monk animations make sense for a monk, yes it’s weird to have them put the weapons away, but it makes some sense, as a monk should be fighting with just punching/kicking etc, and so letting them use non-class specific fist weapons is just for balance, in my opinion.

5: Not being able to change the look of your character is honestly just Diablo. That is always how diablo was. I didn’t expect different, and actually being able to choose your gender was more than I was expecting and farther than Diablo II.

6: Not sure why people were having so much trouble installing and playing this weekend :( . It was sad because the installer worked fine previously to this weekend and I have rarely had any trouble playing/connecting etc over the past 2 months, or even this weekend when I played with a couple friends running through again.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Charactraus » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 pm

[...]
1. I had to run around talking to different people in a MMO like quest. NO!

2. My stash was horribly small but I could buy extra space with gold. NO!

3. I had to wait between drinking healing potions. NO!

4. The loading screen music was some sort of classical number without any spooky guitar or drums. NO!
[...]
That isn't even Diablo-elements. I remember back when everyone went out and bought LoD expansion for DII to get the nice goodies. Such as the (at the time) massive stash and bag. It almost sounds like Blizzard knew they failed with Cataclysm so now they are going to pull a Duke-Nukem and screw up something by just being bad.
Oh and we have not forgotten about the "real life auction" yet? I officially have been completely turned off from DIII. I remember watching the trailers in '08 and thinking that this was going to be a bloody amazing game. Instead... WAIT TIME ON POTS?!?! (I had to reread that 17 times and slam my head on the desk to make sure I wasn't seeing things)
I bet this is what they thought when they were making DIII; "I have an idea! We have ran out of ideas with WoW... So why not get all our WoW fans back by trying to make our new Diablo III game like WoW?" "Good idea mate! Just make this game that pretty much put us on the map another piece of RPG trash!"
I remember back when I actually wanted to get a degree to work for these idiots. ._.
There's a consciousness in the netspace, eating your bits and bytes. It's probably not me, but I forgot to remember to forget if that's true or not. If it calms you, it is most likely not benevolent or malicious. I can't even remember my name. Does it start with a letter? I can't quite prove this...
Charactraus
DOL Acolyte

Postby Horizon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

I played on the beta last weekend , upped all class , and ..... I LOVE ! I'll buy it at the release and play a lot i think.
Campaign look great , for the PvP ... i don't know.I saw they writed a crap stuff like blue/red team , i'm not sure it's great on Diablo3.But for 45€ , it's a good game i think.
Myrddin - Developper Staff 14/88
Horizon
Contributor

Postby Tolakram » Fri May 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Diablo III Amazon's most preordered PC game ever

Blizzard's upcoming action RPG continues to set new records of prerelease anticipation ahead of the official launch May 15.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57432 ... ;cnetRiver

To big to fail! :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Horizon » Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 am

Yeap , a lot of friends precommand it on Amazon.
I bought it on blizzard store to play it at 00:00 :)

The time is a long .... not a int ..... we wait diablo3 !
Myrddin - Developper Staff 14/88
Horizon
Contributor

Postby baradien » Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

i didn't except this to be the most pre order game.

oh look its raining money.
baradien
Server Team

Postby geshi » Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeap , a lot of friends precommand it on Amazon.
I bought it on blizzard store to play it at 00:00 :)

The time is a long .... not a int ..... we wait diablo3 !
Is it available at 00:00 for each time zone? or is it 00:00 at a certain time zone..? sounds unfair if some guys get it before others just because they live in another country :shock: especially since this game is really competitive...
geshi
Contributor

Postby Charactraus » Sat May 12, 2012 3:05 pm

I skimmed over some of the comments. Sadly, it looks like it's getting pre-ordered so much because of the fact that DII was so successful. Blizzard be dancing in the money-rain right now. :?
There's a consciousness in the netspace, eating your bits and bytes. It's probably not me, but I forgot to remember to forget if that's true or not. If it calms you, it is most likely not benevolent or malicious. I can't even remember my name. Does it start with a letter? I can't quite prove this...
Charactraus
DOL Acolyte

Postby Tolakram » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

I bought and downloaded the digital copy last night, and got up at 4am this morning to play for 2 hours. I rather enjoyed it, but I could easily stop, so it's not that catchy. My first annoyance was not the health potions, the health globes dropped by mobs worked quite well for me, but my inventory filled up and I had no town portal (scrolls?) so i had to run back to the nearest waypoint.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” Other Discussion