Something to drool over...

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Something to drool over...

Postby Batlas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 am

http://mharjula.blogspot.com/

This is showing DAOC using the Crysis2 engine.. It's pretty sexy. It's far from ready, b ut could you imagine DOL supporting this? :)
[22:29] <Arms> someones having sex upstairs -.-
[22:30] <Arms> bbl

[21:16] <Angie> do /me
[21:16] <Batlas> roflmao
[21:16] <Dalaaji> haha
[21:16] <Batlas> wow that came out bad
[21:16] <Angie> wow
[21:16] <Angie> that so came out bad
Batlas
Support Team

Re: Something to drool over...

Postby Graveen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 am

AWESOME !

A W E S O M E !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby sooid » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am

Batlas wrote:It's far from ready, b ut could you imagine DOL supporting this? :)

What exactly would you be trying to support? This is DAoC rebuilt in Crysis' map editor using some self-written tool that converts information from a DAoC client into data the editor uses. It does look nice but you'll never be able to really play in there.
sooid
DOL Follower

Postby Invictus Maneo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 pm

How many people here would actually be able to play this:

Google - Its there to help you!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google
Invictus Maneo
DOL Acolyte

Postby Batlas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Damn when did DOL fill up with haters..... I was going to write a long winded reply but I realize it isn't really worth it
[22:29] <Arms> someones having sex upstairs -.-
[22:30] <Arms> bbl

[21:16] <Angie> do /me
[21:16] <Batlas> roflmao
[21:16] <Dalaaji> haha
[21:16] <Batlas> wow that came out bad
[21:16] <Angie> wow
[21:16] <Angie> that so came out bad
Batlas
Support Team

Postby rdsandersjr » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Yea Invictus Maneo, if you look at his posts I would say 25% of them has some sort of sarcastic/smart ass reply.... just ignore him.

*Edit

Yea those videos are awesome, just shows what mythic could do to breath new life into the game for the "omg must have killer graphics or I won't play it crowd"
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Invictus Maneo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 am

I was more referencing the fact that the crytek engine pretty much rapes any computer that wasn't built with over 300$ for the video card alone.

Would it be cool? Yeah

Would it be easy? Hells no.
Invictus Maneo
DOL Acolyte

Postby Charz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 am

Those are like absolutely... AWESOMENESSSSSSSSSSS! changes. But they have troubles...

You would need a killer vid card by the looks.
Those just interested in the graphics probably play more attention to the graphics rather than the game. Imo, games with killer graphics are just... EUGH. Turning DAoC into a killer graphics game would mean more money out of Moneybag's pockets (EA/Mythic what I mean). Well the game is also not as grand as it used to be. Turning the game into killer graphics would just attract people just into it for the graphics. Those that play the game for a month and leave right after when they are tired of looking at the graphics... It would also turn away people `SPECIALLY those with cruddy ancient video cards. No further reason why it would be a money loss. Not everyone has the money to get A) A new computer or B) A new vid card. I can relate to those. It sucks to be in the 8 man about to kill the zerg but to be the only one lagging. But do not get me wrong, I would love to see something like that if there was a way to change between "normal" and "killer graphics" mode. :)

But like Rdsandersjr said, Batlas, ignore those people who just want to rant about something without a decent argument. Mine is about Vid Card power.
Charz
DOL Grandmaster

Postby Invictus Maneo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:47 am

Games with good graphics.

Crysis (Was okay, Single player anyways, but MP failed)

Crysis Warhead (Again, SP Was okay, MP was Better, The fact that it had DRM failed)

Age of Conan (Thats about all it had.)
Invictus Maneo
DOL Acolyte

Postby rdsandersjr » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:40 am

Invictus Maneo wrote:Age of Conan (Thats about all it had.)

I agree 100%, i -LOVED- levels 1-20 it was amazing, the story itself was kinda cool.... But after that it pretty much went downhill every level.

Kind of disappointed me as Funcom done an awesome job with Anarchy Online, however they added in the "ToA of AO" .... Shadowlands. Completely changed the game mechanics to attempt to keep people playing. There is NO game in existance (not including MUDs as I never played any) that touches the Character Customization of Anarchy Online, I remember spending DAYS twinking low level toons...But the pvp is meh if even that anymore.

If a game ever came out with the Graphics of WoW (not the cartoon look, but the decent engine itself), DAoC pvp/rvr, and Anarchy Online character customization it would be amazing. Also, AO had instances at release back in 01', so they were certainly nothing new but made popular by WoW... (please correct me if I am wrong, never played EQ or UO)
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Invictus Maneo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:42 am

AoC also had the cool looking fatalities :P
Invictus Maneo
DOL Acolyte

Postby rdsandersjr » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 am

Yea, I admit those were awesome! Also, why doesn't any games anymore enable IRC!!!!! I remember Anarchy Online had an IRC client that connected to their chat servers so you could waste time at work chatting with your guild ;)

Well....Storm does lol =)
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby silakka » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Hello :)
I'm going to release tool to convert those maps, basic height map conversion already working and just started to create layer xml export.
About Cryengine 2, I say it's more flexible with low-end to high-end HW than Gamebryo, though it's more about artist how much to push polygons to screen to be playable with low-end HW.
Also AION works ok with Cryengine 1 and I think they going to upgrade to Cryengine 2 (or 3) like this "visions of the future" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8
silakka
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi Silakka ! gratz for the excellent work you did. I think Mythic is aware of the rendering they could expect, but investing on such an engine and interface it with the actual client core is something they can't / don't want to afford.

:)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby silakka » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Graveen wrote:Hi Silakka ! gratz for the excellent work you did. I think Mythic is aware of the rendering they could expect, but investing on such an engine and interface it with the actual client core is something they can't / don't want to afford.

:)

Yeah true, client contains a lot more than just 3d engine. But I hope that Mythic will do something, as it's anyway quite outdated.
silakka
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” General