Leveling Spells!

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Leveling Spells!

Postby Tichater » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 am

Heyas all!
Ok i have started my attempt at leveling spells im no where near done with this script but i would like to know if im on the right path with this?
Code: Select all
using System; using DOL.Database.Attributes; namespace DOL.Database { /// <summary> /// /// </summary> [DataTable(TableName = "SpellLevel")] public class DBSpellLevel : DataObject { //XPRate private int m_xpRate; // Level private int m_level; #region SpellXP /// <summary> /// The rate at which this spell gains xp (in percent). /// </summary> [DataElement(AllowDbNull = false)] public int XPRate { get { return m_xpRate; } set { Dirty = true; m_xpRate = value; } } #endregion #region SpellLevel /// <summary> /// The level this bonus is granted. /// </summary> [DataElement(AllowDbNull = false)] public int Level { get { return m_level; } set { Dirty = true; m_level = value; } } #endregion } }
will this start the leveling? and will is show progress like the artifacts?<thats where i got the idea for this...>
i have edited my db to reflect these changes with xprate and level. i still need to add a multiplier for each level up to 10. etc.

Update: no xp or level indecated in spell delve.

please let me know what you guys think thanks!
-Tic
Last edited by Tichater on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tichater
DOL Apprentice

Re: Possible part time job for coder!

Postby bryon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 pm

This doesn't seem like too difficult of a mod. If you spend some time in the support forum I think you could do this and learn a lot in the process. I believe in you.
Project Silodaira -
Ports and Jump points √
Ladder √
Dungeons √
Zone Population ~
bryon
DOL Expert

Re: Possible part time job for coder!

Postby Leodagan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 pm

This could be done using CL XP or ML XP progress bar...

Changing the displayed bar upon skill use ?
Leodagan
Developer

Re: Leveling Spells!

Postby Tichater » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:35 am

Bump new stuff.
Tichater
DOL Apprentice

Postby Leodagan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:13 pm

I don't know what you're trying to do, but creating a table won't do all the stuff for you !

All you did isn't even logic but just "data description" you'll need a lot of work around packet handler, event handler for spell casting, spell effect computing based on level and XP / leveling logic to achieve something that works...

Not even talking about a table that should link player spells to the custom leveled spells or you're going nowhere ! (or each time a player level a spell it raise level for every player)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tichater » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 am

I know. I'm sorry what i meant to post was this is all i have so far only had about 45min for lunch at work and this is my start. creating a table that associates spells with levels. i now need delete it all and start over it seems.... OK. well I'm gonna put this on the back burner for now and when i have more coding experience ill try again.
Tichater
DOL Apprentice

Postby Dinberg » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am

I think it might be good to start off with something a bit easier. Don't be discouraged though! Its good to see you are enthusiastic, and I'm certain that after some practice you'll be able to get this done.

But it would be good to start with something a bit simpler first :)

Why not make a new spell type? It will help you learn the way the spell system works, and you can use an existing spell type for inspiration
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Tichater » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:05 am

Thanks Dinberg! i will do that when i have more down time I'm running real hard due to winter storms! most drivers from my company aren't allowed to drive on snow/ice, or use their chains.... i am! plus I'm getting out of the ARMY in a week. have to gather all my gear on my down time to turn in.... <i want to keep it>
Tichater
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” General