1.115 new New Frontiers

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

1.115 new New Frontiers

Postby Tolakram » Sun May 25, 2014 4:24 am

Just checked this out using the live client rolled back to 1.108.

They moved a few keeps but nothing major. On live a lot of towers were removed but this also does not seem to be an issue. I flew around Albion in D2 and you can see the keep position changes, flat brick where the keep is supposed to be, but the old positions still workable.

So something to look at when someone gets a chance, but nothing to panic about IMO.

Patch Notes: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/pat ... ve-servers
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: 1.115 new New Frontiers

Postby Graveen » Sun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

I resubbed because my son wanted to play DAoC. Well, tbh i couldn't resist to use my old chars.

The game evolved, but the fights are as intense as i expected. NNF is, well, intensive and easier to understand.

Sadly, the levelling is mechanical, and doing 1 to 50 is a matter of hours (let's say, solo, basically rushing to 50 is a 20ish hours).
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby geshi » Sun May 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Didn't they change a lot of terrain? moved some mountains etc..
geshi
Contributor

Postby Graveen » Sun May 25, 2014 10:03 pm

A little, but i'm not able to see them clearly
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Leodagan » Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 am

Patch one of your client, start it on a (own)shard with the 1.109 rollback, and fly in debug mode to NNF...

There is a lot of terrain change, that won't be fixed just with a switch in server properties ;)

If this wasn't the main fighting (PvP) area of the game it would be just a matter of some tuning, but right now you need to move at least one keep in each realm, change some teleport if you want to go NNF PK or keep old PK's, and think carefully about mob spot for "charm" characters...

the big impact is also around the new ways opened in some area, if players use different clients they will have different clipping wall...

The bad thing about this NNF, is that it's exactly the same region as NF, so if shards want to keep player that use a live client (even with a DLL rollback) they'll have to choose whether they use the new geometry or try to rollback (patch) their player with old NF region !

It's kind of a legit "map hack", all servers still using the old NF geometry can have client with the new maps, and would be able to walk through clipping planes...
Leodagan
Developer

Postby geshi » Mon May 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Bah.. so NF servers are kinda screwed now..... and probably will be for at least a few years.

How about making DAoC Portal automatically download the old NF region/zones with a different ID when players update? that way servers can continue using the old NF without issues.. or it could be made to download the new one?

There are already 3 unusable zones on shard, please not another :<
geshi
Contributor

Postby dargon » Wed May 28, 2014 4:18 pm

3 unusaboe zones? which ones?
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby geshi » Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 pm

3 unusaboe zones? which ones?
The zones Svasud Faste, Drum Ligen and Sauvage are in .. Uthgard's patch moved the keeps quite a distance..... so if you have an open world PvP server you have to either not use those zones or forbid anyone going near the keeps.

It sucks as those 3 zones are rather important
geshi
Contributor

Return to “%s” General