Formal Hello and announcement

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Formal Hello and announcement

Postby Walzin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been here for some time now, spent about a year as the PD/WB/GM on Genesis and am now very happy to announce that I am working on a new DOL shard with some very close and talented friends!

The shard is named Vivien and we have been working for several months now towards a 2015 launch. We will be a classic pre-toa Daoc shard with some customizations. Specifically hybrids will get DET which we feel will make those classes more attractive in RvR. Our patch target is 1.65'ish.

We are not on the DAOC Portal yet - we feel its too early for that as we are still likely a couple months from launch. We are on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vivien-D ... 615?ref=hl and have our website launched with a placeholder.

Our core team is in place however we are looking for a few more people who share the passion that we do for creating and helping with a shard. Currently our team numbers about 12, which includes coders, WB'rs, Web folks and some testers as well as Derowen/Cayline and myself who are the directors.

Specifically we are looking to add a few more WB'rs, a MySQL person (I hate tuning MySQL), testers and even possibly a coder if the right person is interested. In time we will be looking for Forum moderators and GM's when we get closer to launch.

If you are interested shoot me or Derowen/Cayline here a PM/IM, stop by the Facebook page or send us an email to info@vivien-daoc.com
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Re: Formal Hello and announcement

Postby Graveen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi Vivien,

Do not forget to contribute in Dawn of Light ! The project is open-source but can't really work without user's contributions, even if they are bugfixes or focused implementations (generally - i don't really know why - shards are greedy of their changes, as if it matters...)

Good luck for your project,
Graveen
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Walzin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks Graveen,

We certain do intend to be a contributing member, thanks for the reminder :)
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Postby Argo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Good luck George, Ines and all on Vivien. I am looking forward to see your shard on the portal too :)

best of regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Walzin » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm

A little update for all!

1. we have ordered our production server build in a data center and it will be deployed the week of 4-13-15
2. we will be moving our package from the development server to the production server the same week
3. we will be testing the production server with the core team the same week
4. we have grown the core team but we are still looking for a Dev, Wb'rs and some GM's (Message me)
5. our website is coming online and will be available for ALPHA registrations the week of 4-20-15 (http://www.vivien-daoc.com/)
6. we will be launching a closed alpha to help us see what we thought is working but isn't by the week of 4-27-15
7. we are in the DAOC portal currently and will be working to earn supporting status through code donations
8. we are really excited... the core team has been working for months to bring this alpha launch about :)
9. we are really thankful for all the support and help that we have received here - could not have gotten this far without it!!!
10. the plan is that once the closed alpha is successful we will then move to closed beta and eventually open beta and then full blown launch
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Postby Walzin » Thu May 07, 2015 4:17 am

Time for a quick but exciting update. We are slightly behind my initial announced schedule but still very much on track.

Alpha pre-registration is open now with the alpha launching on 5-09-2015. We have limited the alpha to the first 300 registrants.
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Postby Graveen » Thu May 07, 2015 7:41 am

Cheers :) Keep up the good work ! :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Walzin » Sat May 09, 2015 12:42 am

We launch Alpha on Saturday May 9th at 10 AM EST. we are excited and scared of course! Once we run through our alpha we WILL be contributing, we feel that we have some worthy items!
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Postby baradien » Sat May 09, 2015 2:21 am

Well goodluck with it :)

Greetings baradien
baradien
Server Team

Postby Walzin » Sat May 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Thank yo so much Baradien! We launched this morning and we are having a blast so far!!!

Thanks to all that have helped so far!
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” General