Hello again,Chris from Morgana PvP

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Hello again,Chris from Morgana PvP

Postby DrStrange » Thu May 28, 2015 7:25 am

Hello, I posted on here a long time ago looking to create a PvP server thinking it was something people wanted.It turns out not many do and I learned there is a decent amount of drama amongst the world of shards so to speak. Crazys and I had a falling out on Morgana so I just gave him the files and wished him good luck (I have no animosity towards anybody else at all) .

Long story short I am here again to ask if any scripter's and data base pro's would be interested in a classic/SI RvR server (Like Genesis however with bot's) more geared towards hosting for *America*.No macro teams,ToA and cheating of course etc.

I have the same connection... a gigabit of fiber bandwidth dedicated for a new server I have built using the new intel 8 core. If there is not enough American's or people in general to make it worth while I understand and will move along. If it appears like something people want or any of you coding fellas want in email me shyecjj@gmail.com

Peace all :)
DrStrange

Re: Hello again,Chris from Morgana PvP

Postby geshi » Thu May 28, 2015 8:21 pm

People still want PvP servers, it's just that i50 ones have a huge problem with alliancing.. there's no way around it whatsoever.

The community is also pretty fussy with the quality of servers, they want them to be perfect instantly. But then again most admins don't seem to understand you need to build up hype for servers, especially RvR servers - why would anyone log into an RvR server with less than 20 players on? there isn't going to be any RvR on it... you need population to get population which is sad.. Look at DAoC Portal, only 2/21 servers have more than 5 players on!

Argain for example had like 350 players not long ago, averaging 200-250. That was a simple Mordred clone but it was hyped up properly as they had an Italian community behind them. I have absolutely no idea why every classic server is rvr, why not try making a classic PvP one.

gl
geshi
Contributor

Postby DrStrange » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Well when we created Morgana, Crazys who is a fantastic programmer (IMO the best I have ever seen so far)helping the idea was fantastic. I have the hardware galore and the bandwidth so the team seemed VERY solid however it appeared as if the game was mainly played by Europeans.This appeared that American's were not into DAoC anymore over all thus demoralizing in a way.

The other problem was it was originally my idea/dream to create the development portion something Crazys didn't dig in the end so I just let it go, I mean I literally uploaded all the server files to him and wished him luck.I really believe under different circumstances the server could of been a hit or even changed to a classic one.

The issue is I don't know how to script and I have touched on data base stuff "some" however I am the one willing to fund and offer the best server equipment and connection. It would appear that wasn't enough for reasons unknown and may still seem the case now.

I see Genesis does very well for a shard however playing on it is laggy and disconnects (well for me anyway) almost all the time so I thought well what about one for America so it's really just up to you all, if nobody is interested it's ok! After all it's just a game and still the best MMO out there atm.

As far as the classic PvP I never had many ask for that... I can see where classic would be a better choice though.
DrStrange

Postby DrStrange » Sat May 30, 2015 3:35 am

A classic PvP server would be cool however it appears the game is really dead. =/
DrStrange

Postby geshi » Sat May 30, 2015 3:48 pm

A classic PvP server would be cool however it appears the game is really dead. =/
It's not though, watch what happens when Uthgard comes back. I guarantee it'll have 500+ on in the first 2 days and probably 1000+ after a week.

People are just bored of playing servers which go down after 2 weeks
geshi
Contributor

Postby DrStrange » Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Games dead to the west that's the main issue. I wouldn't want to play on a laggy European connection.
DrStrange

Postby Graveen » Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 pm

i have no idea about the pop of uthgard when/if it returns. I'll watch it with care because it was an emblematic server.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” General