I would like to create the first RvR-*Realm Invasion server*

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

I would like to create the first RvR-*Realm Invasion server*

Postby DrStrange » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 am

I would like to start out by stating I am fully aware Mythic many years ago offered this idea that never came to light so I realize it's not fully innovative however we went beyond that to actually plan the best way to make it work.

I would like to state what I have to offer, 1 gig fiber optic dedicated connection and a 8 core server to begin with so no bottlenecks hardware wise.24/7 dedicated naturally.

Beyond this my wife and I have literally spent on and off ideas on how to make this work in a really fun way for every type of player. We spent 7 months planning the different issues and ideas so we have a ton of ways to make this happen with many variables so all can enjoy.We have 14 years experience in DAoC playing live,many high ranks characters we sold and unfortunately only 8 months worth of messing with DoL .

I would never need donations ever,everything is paid for.

What we desperately need would be of course *awesome scripters* and game masters to watch over the server.If I went into detail on this forum everything about our plan it would be a book so it's better explained over VOIP of whatever type however I will ask questions where majority rules on certain aspects of the game core functionality.

Things like classic or no?
If not classic artifacts or no?
MLs or no?

Just some examples however we decided we would like to use OF to connect the realms and close off NF all together, and naturally no relic system.There will be rewards for invading the other realms.

We have devised variables that would allow zergs,groups, or even solo's to infiltrate other realms in this way you have every play style there is from OF RvR to entering other realms and even soloing there.

This will be my last attempt for good to make this reality with the help of others if this does not happen then so be it.I made the mistake of teaming up to make a PvP server that ultimately failed due to drama and let it go, shortly after it died. I need mature people and no drama to make this a reality, if you are interested and have programming skills we need all the help we can to make this happen.

shyecjj@gmail.com
We can set up group VOIP anytime.

Also I would like to state I am "hopeful" yet not expecting miracles.
DrStrange

Re: I would like to create the first RvR-*Realm Invasion ser

Postby rdsandersjr » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Home Invasion / Town Capture has been done several times in the past. Some were a hit, so you may still have an audience out there, good luck!
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby DrStrange » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Town capture was on Morgana that's the first one we hosted,crazys idea and was a damn good one. However PvP doesn't seem to be "in" anymore :damm:

Thanks though! :D
DrStrange

Postby Dinberg » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 pm

I wish you the best of luck! I would suggest picking out the most important rules you would like and trying to implement these before going for the whole show. This way you can make progress and start getting players involved while the server is in alpha, which will also allow you to get feedback on which ideas are working and which are not. My fear otherwise is that you might not finish and your hard work would go to waste! I'm guilty of this myself - I had a large and overly ambitious server project (a total conversion) that I never finished and now lies dormant.
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby DrStrange » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Coders are my main issue, I can do all the DB,hardware, and networking np.I just need to find a couple people that can script etc and its a go.

I already have all the work around on any issues.If I could code the server would already be up.

I have a crew of 6 people just to help on everything else,mobs,clean up,weapons,merchants etc
DrStrange

Postby Eyebalze » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

;) - i wish you guys good luck on this, if you find any pro-scripters for sign up, give me a hint please :D

br. eyebalze
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Eyebalze
DOL Novice

Postby DrStrange » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

;) - i wish you guys good luck on this, if you find any pro-scripters for sign up, give me a hint please :D

br. eyebalze

Ground control is there,the launch pad is ready it's just the engineers to put the shuttle together.

#1 we can script it and it may happen in months if ever
#2 people who know how to script very well and we can have in done in a few days.

There is no grey area, btw love the vid lol.
DrStrange

Postby Neira » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:55 am

I wish I had kept all those scripts!
>=(
Neira

Postby DrStrange » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Coming along, going local on programmers we even had talk about modding the client zomg.
DrStrange

Return to “%s” General