Custom Necromancer - Be the Pet

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Custom Necromancer - Be the Pet

Postby Kazo » Thu May 19, 2016 8:21 pm

This was something I had in the back of my head for a long time now. Thought it would be interesting way to play the class.
It was a pretty fast and simple edit.
Kazo
DOL Novice

Re: Custom Necromancer - Be the Pet

Postby Leodagan » Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 am

So basically this is a "Morph" now and no more Summon ?

Do you have a "Pet Shade" then ? that you must try to keep in safety and in view for casting spells on you ? :)

I didn't played a lot this kind of class which remove most of basics controls to fall down to "horrible" Pet Controls Only...

Anyway using DOL for this would change a lot of rules around Pet/Player Damage and Hit Rate calculation (which would fix a lot of this class weird stats tranfer from summoner) probably requiring some balancing !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Kazo » Fri May 20, 2016 8:06 am

The Summon Spell was replaced with a custom spell I made, it changes model, adds AF(don't think its working),ABS,Magic ABS, and Health which scale with level. it also changes the model/color/effect of the users staff. I was also thinking of having it also summon a non combat pet to use as the shade to follow you around.

there was very little work to get this working, the hard part was the custom spell. getting all the old necro spells to work from caster was dead easy(make the shade learn the subspells via linexspell) and then edit some things like adding a casting time to the shade casted subspells and making them uninterruptible.

I was also thinking about trying to do complete class remake, something totally different.
Kazo
DOL Novice

Postby Dinberg » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Does it still work if the player unequips their staff and then cancels the spell? Or is that a potential exploit? Looks cool btw :)
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Return to “%s” General