Brand New DAoC Player Here! Question...

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Brand New DAoC Player Here! Question...

Postby Pixel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:19 am

As someone who is not very familiar with DAoC, how newbie friendly is this game or is there a server that would be considered newbie friendly? I am great at following direction or reading a guide so any direction would be excellent! Hope to see everyone in game somewhere!
Pixel
DOL Guest

Re: Brand New DAoC Player Here! Question...

Postby HunabKu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:27 am

Hi Pixel.
The most successful servers are in my opinion in this case Storm RvR and Freyad NF.
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Re: Brand New DAoC Player Here! Question...

Postby Leodagan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:40 pm

If you are totally "new" to DAoC and want to learn the base mechanics of the game and probably some help around the very old user interface needing player to handle a bunch of command to do trivial action in game...

...grab a trial account on official server, follow the new player tutorials and quest hub journey that explains you how to move, attack, interact with other players !

You should have 2 weeks trial that would allow you to explore the starting area of each realm, gain basic knowledge of some classes skills and strategy, and give you habits of interacting with environment (and with luck other players... but the official game is pretty empty in low level areas)

Dawn Of Light is hardly targeting new comers, the scripted scenario for guiding new players are really thin, as an emulator project it's mostly populated by experienced, nostalgic players and contributors thus not really emphasizing the creation of tutorials and beginner content... (which is a pretty heavy task, teaching through a video game...)

And thanks HunabKu for giving some credits to Freyad NF, but I would not recommend it if you're looking for a regular population to play with (I'm more invested in coding for DOL than maintaining my Shard...)
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” General