co ordinates

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

co ordinates

Postby Atarian » Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi all

going through the database i have noticed that the co ordinates int he DB dont match the cords you get with /loc, and so i cannot use /loc coords to place a npc in the correct space.

are there 2 sets of cords, or how do i find the ones i want?

Steve
Atarian
DOL Initiate

Re: co ordinates

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Thu May 04, 2017 3:34 pm

for ingame locs you use /loc couse those locs are based upon the map in client if you use /gloc its the loc in database and is based upon code wise zone parameters ( gloc means GameMaster location)
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby Atarian » Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 am

thats what i have been trying to use, but i have noticed coords inthe database arent the same and when using the ones for /loc i have no been able to jump to them or when i have moved an npc, they havent moved to that position.

i am working through the quests as i found some that do not work, and i cant have that :D , which suits me as i will learn a lot of the programming and stuff and it looks a lot easier than programing asm by using pen and paper using binary. My aim is to have the quest working as the text script says.

the one i am working on atm, is "frontiers" and the npc are not where they suppose to be, found out why master v etc aren playing game, thery are somewhere else, i replace those coords with /loc ones and they dont move they are still there, if i duplicate the coords with the other master v, non quest one, it moves. i have been moving my toon to th eplace i want the npc to be, i have found if you duplicate, put both master v nps on the same spot, it it touch n go whether the quest will continue.

lots of trial an error, but fun.

Steve
Atarian
DOL Initiate

Postby ontheDOL » Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 pm

you will notice in Planars post he said /loc and /gloc

now go in game, and type /loc then type /gloc
you will notice two different sets of co ordinates. As he mentioned above, the /gloc are the coordinates the databases uses, and any GM command such as /jump to x y z region

/loc is used by players, for /faceloc etc
- Unty -
Model Showroom and DOL guides
http://losojos-001-site1.btempurl.com
ontheDOL
Developer

Return to “%s” General