Oblivion

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Oblivion

Postby Taith » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:07 am

Let me start off by saying, I had no idea where to post this so I thought I'd go to <General> first and if it gets moved, then it gets moved...

I'm looking to hire a team of people to work on a server with me... I've got a computer set up with 8 gigs ram, 300 meg internet speed, an the specs of the computer easily are able to withstand 800 + players actively logged on at the same time...
I know that this doesn't sound like a lot, since Uthgard has over 1,000+ everyday, but it's decent for starting out small and slow.

I'm un-aware if a "Help wanted" post is legal or not on the forums, but I thought I'd give it a shot...

I'm only asking for a few requirements as far as certain things....

In-game development / world building :
* Knowledge of the game
* Knowledge of the commands (or willingness to learn)
* Able to work with others (Or by your self if needed)
* A friendly face for in-game tech support in-case players have questions.

Data-base Entry coding / scripting (...etc)
* I'm asking that we talk for a few days, get to know each other. The computer that is hosting this server is on a network that can't be just given out to everyone. So I'm asking that you give me time to learn to trust you.
* Knowledge of coding / programming (and ability to work with Heidi SQL

Like I said, I have no idea if this kind of post is allowed or not, but in the odd case that it isn't, then I apologize, but if it is allowed, then I am looking for help.. My personal information to contact me is below.

Email : cerox22@gmail.com
Server : Oblivion (Name is Taith)

If you have any questions / concerns or would like to talk about joining the team then please get in contact with me. I'm available at all times.

-Taith
Taith
DOL Initiate

Re: Oblivion

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:18 am

This message is allowed ofc.
But the chance to find members is low via forums set in on list and peeps gonna send ya.
But on other hand if you work with whiria db the chance you find members is lowered couse its an very crappy db.
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby Taith » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 am

Well, where I can agree with you, the DB for Whria does hold its own issues, however I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw up an advertisement and see what kind of players I can get. So far I have been contacted, but this server is going to need a lot more work than what I actually expected. Good thing I was up for the challenge anyway. I do have to find someone that can answer a few DB questions. Just some things I'm not under-standing and I'm a bit "iffy" on asking in ;Support; because I don't want to seem like I'm completely helpless lol

Kind regards,
-Taith
Taith
DOL Initiate

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:25 am

Well ask me^^
im almost elite with db stuff
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby Taith » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:11 am

Alright, so I got this issue....

Jumppoints...

So I'm a classic / si Server with NF... I've got the albion Jumppoints from their PK's working to NF... So no issue there, but only Druim cain and the one mid PK work atm...

My issue I am having is that I see in the DB (using heidiSQL) that the jumppoints are there and created, but they have {NULL} instead of actual coordinates X,Y,Z,H

Well, my idea was simple... Go to where I want the jump port (source, the target was already in the DB) ... And do /loc and grab the X,Y,Z,H + Region ID and hope it worked... However, after 3 hours of doing that... I came to the conclusion that I was wrong and needed help. (hard for me to admit)....

I had a theory about Region coordinates though, as in a difference between Region X,Y,Z and Zone X,Y,Z .... So I started theorizing and thought I'd work on it in the morning... However, my ADHD is causing me to not be able to sleep because I am CONSTANTLY thinking about the idea... The only problem is, I don't know if I am right, and I have no idea how to prove my theory... You got any ideas?
Taith
DOL Initiate

Postby Loki » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 am

Well, where I can agree with you, the DB for Whria does hold its own issues, however I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw up an advertisement and see what kind of players I can get. So far I have been contacted, but this server is going to need a lot more work than what I actually expected. Good thing I was up for the challenge anyway. I do have to find someone that can answer a few DB questions. Just some things I'm not under-standing and I'm a bit "iffy" on asking in ;Support; because I don't want to seem like I'm completely helpless lol

Kind regards,
-Taith
We all start somewhere and the community is very helpful here. You can also find some of us on https://discord.gg/r3T2U7S talking... but not always about DOL if it is weekend and the beer is flowing :lol: :lol:
“ If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. ”

Join https://discord.gg/r3T2U7S Official DOL Discord Chat
Loki
Developer

Postby Taith » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:47 am

Haha, I'll gladly jump in the discord here soon... It may be fun..
Taith
DOL Initiate

Postby Taith » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:18 pm

I am currently still looking for active players to join my team... We're using skype to stay in contact and currently I have 2 positions filled.

Right now, I'm looking for another world builder (with or without experience) just make sure you're willing to learn if you don't have experience.

I also need an item builder, and someone who can focus on data-base entry with me.

Experience with Classic/si and New Frontiers has gotten to a highly needed requirement at this point. For I just noticed that New-frontiers offered Poc and Agramon which also offered a lot of other things...

I need someone who has like... Albert Einstein kind of knowledge on New Frontiers and can help me build the area.

Kind regards,
-Taith
Taith
DOL Initiate

Return to “%s” General