Albion TwoHanded And Pole DamageCalculation Fix

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

Re: Albion TwoHanded And Pole DamageCalculation Fix

Postby Kadorien » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Tolakram wrote:
Kadorien wrote:
Tolakram wrote:It was mistakenly not considering any weapon for the lower damage if the realm was not Albion. So for calculating weapon variance the weapon spec was always considered 1 instead of the actual weapon spec the player had. Dumb mistake on my part.

Well, if anything, good catch :), doesn't account for the higher DPS but a bug is a bug :)

Actually it does, and if you retest you should see the fix. :)

Oh, really? Awesome, well good job :)
Kadorien
DOL Novice

Postby Sand » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:23 pm

How it accounts for higher dps is because non albions had lower average dps due to the lower number on the low end of what damage they did, and now it should be comparable.

The tests here were what was needed to identify a particular bug but want to point out a couple little things to keep in mind if doing further damage tests.

First if you can't use same weapon speed in test, to even out the potential effect, you just divide the damage by the speed, so you have dps numbers.

The other is that there is a class factor in damage so identifying bugs can be tricky but as long as you compare like classes and spec types, the differences typically should be small and thus give indications if/where a problem may lie.
Sand
Server Team

Postby Kadorien » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Sand wrote:How it accounts for higher dps is because non albions had lower average dps due to the lower number on the low end of what damage they did, and now it should be comparable.

The tests here were what was needed to identify a particular bug but want to point out a couple little things to keep in mind if doing further damage tests.

First if you can't use same weapon speed in test, to even out the potential effect, you just divide the damage by the speed, so you have dps numbers.

The other is that there is a class factor in damage so identifying bugs can be tricky but as long as you compare like classes and spec types, the differences typically should be small and thus give indications if/where a problem may lie.

Thank you for the feedback. I wasn't sure of the DPS calculator, but thanks for the heads up.

Yea, that's why I also used Minotaurs to try to get everything as close as possible.

Well, I'm glad I was able to help fix a bug to that level, maybe next time, I can actually do some investigating and fix the bug myself :-P
Kadorien
DOL Novice

Postby Dinberg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 am

Sand wrote:First if you can't use same weapon speed in test, to even out the potential effect, you just divide the damage by the speed, so you have dps numbers.

That assumes weapon speed is the only issue affecting the time to swing a weapon, and as such the approach is flawed; it takes no account of variations like quickness.

I dont know the exact formula for quickness' effect, but I'm going to assume that having the same quickness will affect different swing speeds by different amounts.
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions