[Accepted] Shield Swipe !.!

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

[Accepted] Shield Swipe !.!

Postby Yemla » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 am

so i did some research on how savages H2H gets handled for AoE styles (similar to Shield Swipe) on live shield swipe hit 3targets total (main + 2others) if im not mistaking, i know for a fact it wasnt a AoE DD

heres wat i came up in GamePlayer
Code: Select all
                  switch (style.ID)
                  {
                        case 374: targetToHit = 1; break; //Tribal Assault:   Hits 2 targets
                        case 377: targetToHit = 1; break; //Clan's Might:      Hits 2 targets
                        case 379: targetToHit = 2; break; //Totemic Wrath:      Hits 3 targets
                        case 600: targetToHit = 2; break; //Shield Swipe:       Hits 3 targets
                        case 384: targetToHit = 3; break; //Totemic Sacrifice:   Hits 4 targets
                        default: targetToHit = 0; break; //For others;
                  }
Yemla
Contributor

Re: Shield Swipe !.!

Postby Graveen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 am

You can commit this change Yemla, thank you ! :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Dinberg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:50 pm

I'd like to correct the above comment - shield swipe in fact hits more than three max. I can verify that as I used to shield-swipe farm task dungeons for power levelling with my warrior and bot, and would kill in excess of 10 at a time. When a hit the style, far more than three would play the pain animation, and the ones who didnt gave me the impression i had missed, not a cap on max number because this number changed every swing.
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby geshi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:47 pm

I believe Shield Swipe attacks all mobs in attackrange.. i think ill try find information.
geshi
Contributor

Postby stephenxpimentel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 pm

it does, i used it to farm aurulite :) grabbed the whole dungeon with warr/bot, and shield swiped them all down. was killer on my shield though! :D
Lets have some fun.
stephenxpimentel
Contributor

Postby Graveen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm

My point was rather on H2H styles, as they are not pbaoe like Shield swipe should ? (i confirm shield swipe is not limited in targets)
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Dinberg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm

But this post seems to suggest a change contrary to this knowledge in the code above
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Graveen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Obviously it is, but i'm sure Yemla read it and 'll push everything but SSwipe :)
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Sand » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 am

Shield swipe is not an aoe dd but it does hit more than 3.

You hit the target with your shield, the rest get a mele hit of your main hand weapon. BTW why it was hard on your shield to mass pull is because of all the blocking not that the shield was hitting them all.

HTH styles though do hit certain number of targets based on the style, which isn't well documented but it is up to 4 I think on the level 50 style so think what is in op is correct on this. This is separate from the multi hits they can get.
Sand
Server Team

Postby stephenxpimentel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 am

yah i know =] (about the shield decay) ;). I thought savages had a chance to UP TO quad hit on any attack, but some styles had higher chance, although even then it wasn't a 100% chance. I never played one though, but that was my understanding of it when i read the release notes way back in the day :).
Lets have some fun.
stephenxpimentel
Contributor

Postby Yemla » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:35 am

Graveen wrote:Obviously it is, but i'm sure Yemla read it and 'll push everything but SSwipe :)
\

ya savages handling was allready there i just showed wat we could do with Shields (if shieldswipe hits the main target with the shield then all others with mainweapon we can just make a new check for it and for the multitargets we use the main hand weapon?
Yemla
Contributor

Postby Doomsday » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 pm

the shield swipe works just like a cone dd not sure of the spectrum frontal targets only.
Doomsday
DOL Experienced

Postby Crazys » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

<--- Has 2 live shield swipe tanks!

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS!
Your Shield hits your target with the style.
All other mobs in the area of the target 250 range if I'm not mistaken (NEED TO CHECK RANGE!)
All others have a hit from your main hand weapon. This is a non styled hit based on the main weapons swing speed, damage, and PROCS!
The main hand swing can be missed parried and blocked and is calculated as if you just let yourself auto swing. Just auto swing at every mob in that area.
So the cap needs to be removed but if you code the effect for the standard swing to all the mobs it would be correct (in the area off your target).

I know it is the area not a cone because it is a close proximity to that mob you are targeting the "cone" does not work because i have shield swiped mobs to my side off an angled target. Where the other side was out of range.
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Yemla » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

well its area atm ill removed the cap (make it like 500 if u have more than 500 people on u, then ur just Crazy....i meen Crazys!! hehe xp)

as for mainhand think atm it hits all mobs with shield so ill do some testing, thanks for the info!
Yemla
Contributor

Postby Crazys » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 pm

most i've had was about 200ish on live...

Shield hits target
weapon hits all others with standswing
which is why Omnis swords from dragons or crafted are awsome for the LT/endo heal
or DF diamond hammers for the AE dd proc off the weapon
Its amazing... Lets do this... You have 101 mobs on you. You swing and hit target with shield. so thats 100 mainhand swings... you hit 80 with your wep that has a 5% proc rate thats 4 ae procs
So your 70-125 dammge per mob from swing +
4x 75-100 proc damamge
you just did 400-500 damage per mob per swing!
Crazys
Contributor

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions