DoL Public Database SvN Progress

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

DoL Public Database SvN Progress

Postby zycron80 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

This is going to be the thread where I update the progress of the total %'s of the database. for fixes and tweaks of skills/spells and other fixes please check the SvN log.
For the next few weeks these percentages will probably not go up to much due to the fact, that i will be trying to get the classtypes and everything correct before I start on actually spawning and adding the templates to mobs and all :) be patient right now i am just 1 man. hehe :) updates will come frequently though.

Hibernia

All work and thanks on Hibernia thus far needs to be given to Misi.

- All trainers.
- All merchant (50% done with the current list)
- All mobs from all zone spawned.
- Dragon lair 100% mythic like.
- Mini Dragons and all Sheeroe Hills spawned.
- Azures cities Spawned.
- Global resists (Race 200) for all mobs.
- Global stats for all mobs.
- Guards defined.
- All bards working.
- All Teleports defined. (I donot why but i can see the options for teleports but not work any location).
- Some paths for some mobs.
- Some object missing on the old databases like tens on from of TNN (Mag Mell side or in front of Ardee)
- Some trash item for drops.
- Some drops defined for mob around Mag mell.
- Some new list for some merchant (Mag Mell and Ardee 100% complete)
- Lots of new npctemplates (all one's for Hibernia, be careful this SQL delele ALL npctemplates)

Labyrinth of the Minotaur
Fully spawned 100%, but ONLY spawns
need todo:
- Drops.
- Brains for Boss.
- Respawn times.
- Adjust the aggro range.
- NPC's need some styles when fighting.

Midgard
Overall spawn 65%
needs alot of work on everything else:

- Loottemplate
- Bran
- Paths
- Etc....

Albion
Overall spawn 80%
needs alot of work on everything else:

- Loottemplate
- Bran
- Paths
- Etc....
zycron80
DOL Novice

Re: DoL Public Database SvN Progress

Postby viper1805 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm

due to the fact that zycron don't seem to work i started another project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dolpubdb/

- i took the publicdb from misi, zycron and the dol release
- i will focus on correcting the "important things" like spells, abilitys styles
- no unnecessary tables like 'account' or 'ban'

anyone who wants to help ... like adding mobs ... should pm me or something so that i can add him/her to the project

added graveen as admin (just in case) ;)

Regards

Viper1805
Last edited by viper1805 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will not solve your problems for you ... I will just give you a way to find a solution :mrgreen:
viper1805
Website Team

Postby Tolakram » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Bless you. Best of luck! :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby viper1805 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 pm

thanks ^^

well ... if i develop spells and so on for my own server ... why not share it (=
I will not solve your problems for you ... I will just give you a way to find a solution :mrgreen:
viper1805
Website Team

Postby Roozzz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Please make work of change logs, that will help people tremendously if they have something to contribute :)

There is no real solution for database subversioning is there?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Roozzz
Database Team

Postby Graveen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Well, well ! Good initiative !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby rdsandersjr » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:42 am

http://www.liquibase.org/ is about the only solution, and it seems like it would be a whole lot of work to get up and running....
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Graveen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:21 am

This is the 3rd similar project, perhaps it is interesting to gather them in a single one with more open infrastructures ?
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Roozzz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:27 am

rdsandersjr wrote:http://www.liquibase.org/ is about the only solution, and it seems like it would be a whole lot of work to get up and running....

Yes, thinking about liquibase makes my head hurt ;)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Roozzz
Database Team

Postby Tolakram » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 am

Just keep it simple for now ... I think any discussion of complexity usually kills these projects. .SQL files created with MySQL backup tools are fine for now, IMO, or whatever is easiest. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby rdsandersjr » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:01 am

Graaven, perhaps give us a new section called Public Database, then three forums, Discussion, Contributions, and Support

That away, any public database issues are away from the Core support forums (they shouldn't be there anyhow), Contributions to help keep the discussion forums clean and on topic. Make a new group called Community Database team, select someone who is willing to lead this team, be it public database or private, every sub project needs a team lead ect..

I honestly think this will help point it in the correct direction and get people motivated.
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Graveen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:34 am

Tolakram wrote:Just keep it simple for now ... I think any discussion of complexity usually kills these projects. .SQL files created with MySQL backup tools are fine for now, IMO, or whatever is easiest. :)

Similar to this, i also think the project need a tasklist, *AND* people working on it. Simply ! :D

Offering the infrastructure for the community DB team is not something i 'd like. I want DoL clearly retired about DB things. I even think to remove the latest public DB in the "Download" section. And more, if this project can't be driven by someone in the community able to create forums and co, it is born dead.

Over this and more generally, i don't believe more forums will be appropriate related to the actual site traffic. Contrib is not really over used, and is totally suitable for sql or anything else: if the contributions are not only dol targetted. This mean when they are not included in the core, they could benefit the whole community.
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby viper1805 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 am

Tolakram wrote:Just keep it simple for now ... I think any discussion of complexity usually kills these projects. .SQL files created with MySQL backup tools are fine for now, IMO, or whatever is easiest. :)

I think i will continue with that ... because its the easiest way to do this and for people who want to import this data

rdsandersjr wrote:http://www.liquibase.org/ is about the only solution, and it seems like it would be a whole lot of work to get up and running....

looks nice but might be to complicated

Graveen wrote:
Offering the infrastructure for the community DB team is not something i 'd like. I want DoL clearly retired about DB things. I even think to remove the latest public DB in the "Download" section. And more, if this project can be driven by someone in the community able to create forums and co, this is born dead.

Over this and more generally, i don't believe more forums will be appropriate related to the actual site traffic. Contrib is not really over used, and is totally suitable for sql or anything else: if the contributions are not only dol targetted. This mean when they are not included in the core, they could benefit the whole community.

I can offer access to the database i work on if somebody wants to help and i could install a forum just for the DB things
viper1805
Website Team

Postby Graveen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 pm

All i can say is, if your project is serious, we could eventually speak about DOL contributions and infrastructures, but it must really prove it can work side by side of Dawn of Light.
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby viper1805 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Graveen wrote:All i can say is, if your project is serious, we could eventually speak about DOL contributions and infrastructures, but it must really prove it can work side by side of Dawn of Light.

well ... i like DOL ... i love daoc ... and i got lots of time ;) and its probably the only way for me to give something to this project (=
viper1805
Website Team

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions