"One Click" - Server

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

"One Click" - Server

Postby viper1805 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:20 am

Hi,

I created a "One Click" - Server like the one which is already in the download section of Dawn of Light.

Contains Revision 2442 (including v1.104 Support) and the current release of the DolPubDB

You just need to download and unzip it ;)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dolpub ... %20Server/

Have fun (=
Last edited by viper1805 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will not solve your problems for you ... I will just give you a way to find a solution :mrgreen:
viper1805
Website Team

Re: "One Click" - Server

Postby Graveen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am

Thank you Viper1805 !

Very nice contribution ! :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby DOLBot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Hey viper1805, thanks so much for doing this!

Just a couple questions, though... try and keep in a mind, I'm a bit of a newb with this stuff, so be patient. :)

From what I understand, I just shutdown my other mysql server and then run Dawn of Light.exe, right?

I did that and most everything seems to load just fine, except there were quite a few errors. Here's what I managed to catch scrolling by. The stuff between < and > are names of sorts.

I get a LOT of these:

"ItemTemplate: <some item> is not found, it is reference from loottemplate: <some reference>"

I get quite a few of these:

"No path to travel on for <some class>"
"Error adding NPC equipment, ObjectId=<some long string>"
"Failed loading NPC inventory template: <some long string>"

All the NPCs are naked, so I'm guessing it's related to that last thing.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong and how to fix it?
DOLBot
DOL Bot

Postby Tolakram » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am

Those items are simply missing from the current public database.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby DOLBot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks for the response.

I thought for sure I had tried the public database and the NPCs weren't naked.

- off topic -
DOLBot
DOL Bot

Postby Tolakram » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 am

The Storm database has been released, 4 or 5 times, but after not getting any help from other shards on keeping the released db up to date we stopped. Too much fun stuff to do. Viper has gone out of his way to make a one click installation and deserves a lot of credit. If the db project ever gets going you may see Storm donating various missing items too it, but not until then we see some of that community spirit.

Oh, and enjoy the source code and all the fixes we provide on an almost daily basis. :)

Thanks again Viper!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby viper1805 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:25 am

Updated Version Revision 2469
I will not solve your problems for you ... I will just give you a way to find a solution :mrgreen:
viper1805
Website Team

Postby Bendt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 am

Hey Everyone,

If I get the server thing working and can actually get the Merecs ItemCreator to access it, my plan is to start going thru the database and comparing items to the Alakahzam site and making changes. I saw the link in the forum to check the code, but this is all new to me. Last programming I did was back in Collge in dBase III+.

Thanks to Phen for pointing me in the right direction and I hope I can contribute more to keep the server growing and better the game for all.

Thanks!

Bendt
Bendt
DOL Visitor

Postby Bendt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 am

OK time for another newb portal server question. . . . . I downloaded the latest OneClick server and double clicked on the Dawn of Light Application and the the black box opens with tons of red lettered script running by the screen. Once it's done, I launched Merec's ItemCreator to try and log into the server to start going thru the database to see which items don't match to the Allakhzam site, but here's where I need help:

I launched the config DOLConfig application and entered my computer's IP address, then under the Database tab I entered dol for the database, dol for user and dol for password, cannot get it to test successfully. (pretty sure these settings are not right), in ItemCreator I can't access the server either (errors)

SO...... can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong so I can get the database up and running, be able to login using the ItemCreator so I can begin going thru the database and updating it so we all have a better game experience ?

I would be ever greatful.

Thanks Bendt
Bendt
DOL Visitor

Postby Graveen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm

What helps is exactly what the red lines say !
I suppose you have 2 instances of mysql.

*Reboot your computer
*Be sure you don't have another MySQL running (ie one you have installed -> uninstall it, ie your WAMP server -> shutdown your WAMP)
*Start Dawn of Light
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Bendt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks all for your help in this. I just erased the hard drive and re-installed windows 7 and such. then ran the OneClick and opened up Merec's ItemCreator. they work great. I noticed an error when trying to look at some items from Katorii that I did a search for. I will post the error later when I have that application back up. I am currently re-downloading the game and getting the rest of the stuff back on this computer. I look forward to testing out the ItemCreator and checking thru the database as I have time.

Thanks again

Bendt
Bendt
DOL Visitor

Postby Bendt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:59 am

Ok the error i get is:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's_Vexed_Ring' LIMIT 0,1' at Line 1

I get that on several of the Katorii's drop items. I looked at them thru a search an but also tested some random item via a search and did not get that error.

I don't know what to do regarding this sorta thing and not sure if it's something to do with the ItemCreator or the OneClick or not related to either of them.

Thanks for your help.

Bendt

Ah yes, another pop up after i clear that one says:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the applicatuion will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
There is no row at position 0.

Hope this helps.
Bendt
DOL Visitor

Postby Graveen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 am

remove the single quote ( ' ) in your item name/ item id_nb.
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby boltman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Yes, it's the single ' in the name. When searching for it with the item creator, put a \ in front of it and it will work correctly.

ie Katorii\'s Ring
boltman
Server Team

Postby Bendt » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok i must first appologize for my poor stating of the problem with my previous Post regarding Searching for Katorii's Items. I can search for them fine and find them, it's when I go to laod the item to check it's stats. When I click on the item in the search results and click the LOAD button, that's when I get the error.

I did however try doing the search using your Katorii\'s method, but when I click on the item in the search results, Click the LOAD button, the same error occurs. So I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly with this item.

I tried doing a search for Zahur's items (leaving the 's off the search) and when I click on one of those items, it too has the error when loading. Could it be that the Keyname (which contains the 's in the name) be the problem when it tries to load the item ?

Thanks,

Bendt
Bendt
DOL Visitor

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions