[committed] Parry / Block / Evade Hard Caps (Patch)

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

[committed] Parry / Block / Evade Hard Caps (Patch)

Postby Kadorien » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 am

I decided to make a patch for the DOLConfiguration application by adding Block, Parry and Evade Hard Caps an option to configure. I know some servers like to adjust (slightly, I hope :)) the live hard caps and I felt these are the 3 most desired (and were pretty difficult to find (for me at least).

Either way, attached is the patch which makes modifications to the GameLiving.cs file and the ServerProperties.cs file. The default values in DOLConfig are set as the default values hard coded within the DOL Source.

Enjoy :)
Attachments
hardcap.patch
Patch to allow user adjustment to the Block / Parry / Evade Hard Caps (60%, 50%, 50%) currently hard coded in the source.
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Kadorien
DOL Novice

Re: Parry / Block / Evade Hard Caps (Patch)

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:34 am

I see the need, but in my opinion this is best handled by having a custom gameplayer class and overriding tryblock, tryparry, and tryevade to adjust the caps. Also note that these are PvP caps only here, PvE caps are different.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Kadorien » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 am

Tolakram, thanks for the feedback. I am aware of there effect only within PvP (With the PvE caps being somewhere in the 95%).

The reason I felt that this route was the best to go was mostly with the way the original hard caps were coded. I've always been a big fan of storing variables for easy access and with the current hard cap code, these integers are hard coded into the if statement as opposed to stored somewhere of easy adjustment. For instance if tomorrow (unlikely) Mythic changed blockrates you would easily be able to modify their values without having to find the actual statement which doesn't even define them, just uses them to set value).

Again, that's just me and my experience. I am not saying that is the right way to go about it.

I am interested into your reasoning for handling it with a custom gameplayer as opposed to adjusting them within the Server Config? I'm interested just to be sure I am not going about anything the 'wrong' way.

Thanks again for your input.
Kadorien
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 am

This patch fits correctly in the SVN simply for removing hardcoded values and/or allowing changes in-game for tweaks or tests, after having the SP name renamed. Of course, i totally agree with you Mark with the override of GamePlayer, i simply think it can't harm to have it.

Accepted, thank you, soon in SVN.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions