Faction

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

Faction

Postby Ferro » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi folks,
I'll post a few patches to get the faction system work again.
The trigger to do it, was that I try to use the faction system although with NPCs. So you'll find an extension of the StandardMobBrain for this feature. In this way there are some lines of code, making an pathed NPC return to the path after the NPC has left it.
The Changes in the DB Scripts allows to add new faction and linkedxfaction by the /faction command.
If someone has some requirements to the faction system, please let me know; I try to add other features to the faction system.
I wait for the right to upload the patches so you can use them if you like.
To make the faction work with NPCs you have to create some mob of different factions like sheeps and wolfes, create 2 faction with the name sheeps and wolves and gave the wolves an baseaggro of 100. Then you select the wolves faction and make an addenemy sheeps. At least you have to assign some mobs to the sheeps and some others to the wolves faction. If a mob of the sheep faction is in the aggrorange of a mob of the wolves faction, the wolves mobs attack automaticly the sheep faction mob.
Rock me!

Admin of the RP Freeshard Abendwind
Ferro
Contributor

Re: Faction

Postby Graveen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 pm

TYVM Ferro. If you can quickly drop a line on how it is actually working in DOL, and what is possible or not (ie, multiples mobs in a same family, like siabras on hib which gather lots of differents mobs, etc...)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: Faction

Postby Ferro » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 pm

OK I'll try to describe the faction system works (so far I know and tested)

You have to decide between two different things: the faction between mobs and faction between players and mobs.
At first you need to create faction and give them a Name and a baseaggrolevel for example 50
Then you can assign this faction to mobs for example dracoran and name this faction Drakoran
after then you have to assign a second faction to mobs for example kobolds and name this faction Kobolds,
at least create a 3rd faction to mobs for example Shar and name this faction Shar. Assign all mobs to the faction they should belong to. After this you can make relationships between factions with addenemy or addfriend. If the player kills for example a drakoran and kobolds are enemies of drakoran, the aggro level of drakorans increases and with kobolds decreases.
I think, if you kill enough drakorans, the aggro level of kobolds can go to 0.

What I've added is the possibility to let NPCs with against each other to improve the living on the server... you see mob fighting and beasts killing eachother if you like.
I hop I've described the faction system well and if you give me advices I'll look for more features.
Rock me!

Admin of the RP Freeshard Abendwind
Ferro
Contributor

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions