MakeCraftedItem Fix in AbstractCraftingSkill.cs

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

MakeCraftedItem Fix in AbstractCraftingSkill.cs

Postby Maze » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Sorry, I'm not uploading the entire patch because I've made a lot of changes to the file that I don't want to submit until they've been fully researched / implemented neatly.

However, I'm submitting this because of a critical error that's caused by attempting to craft anything while any Unique Item without a "#" in the id in in the bag while crafting. This is problematic with the RoG script from Storm. I would imagine that unless things are implemented differently there, this problem exists there. Basically, the craft code attempts to extract the id_nb from a unique item by finding where the "#" occurs. When it does this, it uses the length of the string up to that point. If there's no "#" the length returns a -1, causes an exception, and the result is nothing can be crafted.

So, this:

in AbstractCraftingSkill.cs
Code: Select all
if (item.Template is ItemUnique) { string itemid = item.Id_nb.Substring(0, item.Id_nb.LastIndexOf('#')); if (itemid.Equals(itemToCraft.Id_nb) == false) continue; }
should be changed to this
if (item.Template is ItemUnique) { if (item.Id_nb.Contains("#") == false) continue; string itemid = item.Id_nb.Substring(0, item.Id_nb.LastIndexOf('#')); if (itemid.Equals(itemToCraft.Id_nb) == false) continue; }
Last edited by Maze on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maze
DOL Apprentice

Re: MakeCraftedItem Fix in AbstractCraftingSkill.cs

Postby Tolakram » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:24 pm

When would someone be using a unique item in crafting? I guess I'm asking, when would this occur in game? How can someone reproduce this?
itemid.Equals(itemToCraft.Id_nb) == false
Are you a programmer? Nice to see someone using == false instead of the easily missed ! :)

Unfortunately I don't get the Equals() usage here. itemid != itemToCraft.Id_nb seems a lot more readable.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Maze » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:27 pm

That's just how it was written originally.

Unique items are always made in crafting since they're unique by definition. Reproduce by having any unique item in your bag without # in the id and trying to craft something.

One example of a unique item that would cause this is any item created by the RoG script.
Maze
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 am

Not sure what core version you are using but the code above is not in AbstractCraftingSkill or any other crafting file in the current core version.

I really appreciate you trying to help but I wonder if you are working off an already modified core, or an older version.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Maze » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:34 am

Okay, I was working with a core that was mostly unmodified but it looks like there were a few changes. Seems it was modified to fix stacking (stuff like trinkets weren't stacking automatically which is an annoyance)

I had done some fixes to the subskill caps (more on that later), but it looks like someone else had already done some fix for stacking. Inherited code :(

Anyways, here's the code

Change this:
if (item.Id_nb.Equals(itemToCraft.Id_nb) == false) continue;
To this:
if (item.Template is ItemUnique && item.Id_nb.Contains("#")) { string itemid = item.Id_nb.Substring(0, item.Id_nb.LastIndexOf('#')); if (itemid != itemToCraft.Id_nb) continue; } else if (item.Id_nb != itemToCraft.Id_nb) { continue; }
This will make stackable crafted items stack.

The error before wasn't in the core, but this still fixes an issue in the core with stacking.
Maze
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 pm

I'll have to look at that when I get time, thanks.

My solution, done way back on May 27th, 2011, was to be able to designate certain crafted items as templated items instead.

- Added: CraftedItems can now be designated to make templated items instead of uniques. This can be used to make items where quality does not matter and stacking is desired.

This requires a DB change but avoids doing any funky checks when looking at id_nb.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions