Cross Realm Item Handling Fix

A place to submit .patch fixes for the DOL SVN

Moderator: Developer Team

Cross Realm Item Handling Fix

Postby Crazys » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Current issues - even with server setting enabled cannot equip other realms armor or weapons (due to weapon type)
Removed Item realm check which assumed player was same realm. Non matching realms already handled by server setting being false to not equipt.
foreach to check all different compatible types for items. Where it would only check 1 to 1 prior.

Tested on PvP server with allow all realm gear enabled.
Normal Server rules currently override the compatible check to be 1 to 1 match only still.
Attachments
AbstractServerRules.patch
Abstract Server rules patch for cross realm handling
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Crazys
Contributor

Re: Cross Realm Item Handling Fix

Postby dargon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I actually posted a fix for this a while back, though yours may be cleaner than mine lol i would have to compare them.
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Crazys » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Current issues - even with server setting enabled cannot equip other realms armor or weapons (due to weapon type)
Removed Item realm check which assumed player was same realm. Non matching realms already handled by server setting being false to not equipt.
foreach to check all different compatible types for items. Where it would only check 1 to 1 prior.

Normal Server rules currently override the compatible check to be 1 to 1 match only still.
Ran into an issue where This allows 2handers from mid to be used on other realms that normally cannot use 2h.
will be adding in handling to prevent this.
NS with 2hs are Evil!!!
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Crazys » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Ran into an issue where This allows 2handers from mid to be used on other realms that normally cannot use 2h.
NS with 2hs are Evil!!!
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Crazys » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:21 pm

NS with 2hs are Evil!!!
Waiting a few more days to release a final version of this as players test on the server.
Created a check for 2handers that only allows classes that can normally equip 2hs to equip other realm's 2handers to prevent stuff like 2h hammers on a Blademaster or 2h piercer on a vamp.

Also Not sure if other servers where seeing this. Was having an issue where instruments where causing a errors that it was unable to get the correct weapon skills and information when equipping the item and characters logged off with one could not log in. Added some checks that instruments should not have a weapon skill to remove that from occurring.

Will be adding it to this patch.
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Crazys » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:17 pm

I have been testing different classes on the server for a few days this seems to fix all the cross realm issues.
And as mentioned the handler above check for serve rules disabled the ability to equip another realms item.

Added checking for 2h to not allow classes who normally can't use a 2h to equip one.
Added handling in Gameplayer to prevent instruments from attempting to get weaponskills and causing FATAL errors preventing clients from loading the character in.
Attachments
CrossRealmItemsPatch.patch
(16.15 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Leodagan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Instrument not returning Weaponskill ?

How is this crashing current character login ?

There are some spells like "Bolt" that require the character weaponskill, for caster the staff is a weapon so it works nice, what would happen if an instrument user were to use a bolt spell ?
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Crazys » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Instrument not returning Weaponskill ?

How is this crashing current character login ?

There are some spells like "Bolt" that require the character weaponskill, for caster the staff is a weapon so it works nice, what would happen if an instrument user were to use a bolt spell ?
Instruments, on live, are not weapons.
When I would equip an instrument with the current core I would get red spam about weapon-skill handlers that shouldn't occur.
Then if you logged off with one equipped to your character you couldn't login as it would error out on loading and crash you back to character select or the entire client would close.

So my question then becomes what happens if a caster shots a Bolt without a weapon equipped? It will have 0 chance to land? Seems to be incorrect in the bolt handler to me.
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Leodagan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 am

No I was just thinking that a weapon-less caster would have its base WS to check for miss rate...

With your update to instrument I'm curious if when you equip one your WS drop or stays the same ?

And on Live does equiping an instrument does anything to WS ?
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” DOL Code Contributions