Mob Understanding / Remake

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Re: Mob Understanding / Remake

Postby Aredhel » Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Excellent. I went for Alpha access, and I hope they make it. Have you received any info in the forums or anything yet?

Nice to see you.
Same here - young hero tier and no, haven't received any forum invitation as of yet. Judging from the comments section about 900 testers have been invited so far. Wondering what is taking them so long and what the testing is about, why not just open the forum to all backers at the same time even if there are some glitches.
Aredhel
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Graveen » Wed May 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I guess we will meet on CU (not on alpha for me, raised 55 - warrior - to 75, don't remember what it gives me, certainly beta 2) !

Yay !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby baradien » Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I am also young hero here and I agree with you, though they are hiring new members so i guess once they received some new crew. Maybe then will they open the forums.

ps: maybe we could great a guild all together if you want. just a suggestion. unless you got a guild in mind.
baradien
Server Team

Postby Aredhel » Thu May 30, 2013 12:26 pm

I am also young hero here and I agree with you, though they are hiring new members so i guess once they received some new crew. Maybe then will they open the forums.

ps: maybe we could great a guild all together if you want. just a suggestion. unless you got a guild in mind.
Discussion to be continued here.
Aredhel
Inactive Staff Member

Postby geshi » Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Excellent. I went for Alpha access, and I hope they make it. Have you received any info in the forums or anything yet?

Nice to see you.
They sent me an invite to http://citystate.vanillaforums.com/ last week via email. Not sure if they invited everyone or just a few..
geshi
Contributor

Postby Dinberg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Seems legit? I'd be cautious they aren't doing their own domain
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Aredhel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 am

Seems legit? I'd be cautious they aren't doing their own domain
True, but it isn't a forum for a live game yet.
Aredhel
Inactive Staff Member

Postby crashhansen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:08 pm

I generally think its a good idea, and would like to help i build a similar system called White Rappid a few years agoe when i started on my own MMORPG (only 2D) as i did not have time to make 3D

The general idea was to incorporate a " Do i look scary to you."
I based it on the more fancy your equipment looked the more scared the NPC was of you worked quiet nice, when i paired it with a NPC level system yes, i actually gave the MOB points for beating the human and then becoming a better MOB.
MOB how ever had no idea or concept of what equipment was but DAM did i have some nasty MOBs in the end, but the idea was that this also made the general game more dynamic it made it more interesting as mobs also had a very basic political opinion about races and you, if you killed one they did not care you kill 30% of the race they got angry over 60% they got scared and tried to find some bigger mobs to kill you.

and yes i also based it on some basic nature "Humans like to kill for fun, animals only for food or survival" based on a properbility on you looking scary and it knowing that you killed its kin.

Short to say i would like to work with mobs and daoc as well trying to make them more interesting as they can also wander and get better. :)

Get back to me
crashhansen
DOL Visitor

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion