Anatomy of an Ancient Foe

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Anatomy of an Ancient Foe

Postby Argo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Gentlemen,

i have created the Questitems Doppelganger Bone, Eyeball, Hair, Heart etc... and released it to the Storm DB. You can recognize them while their id_nb starts with NF_xxxx. I also created the Token of Valor, allthough this is used in the follow up quest and grants 15000 rp as you deliver it to the royal accountant in every realms main city. The cloaks have been reviewed by me too and their stats have been corrected acording to the values on ZAM. So much to the preperations.

Now starts the real work. We have Hibernian-, Midgard-, and Albion Invaders. Every Invader realm has a 16 classes which can be diffrent races and genders. What i am doing now is creating all those diffrent classes, assign their races, genders and equipment. When we do it, let's do it right so that we have lots of variations running around in NF.

What i plan to do after that is to assign spells and styles to the according classes. We don't want those invaders to be an easy pray no? ;)

After all this is done i intend to write the DQ's and commit all to Storm and Freyad.

Tolakram, as you can see you gave me quite a job to do, i hope you'll like the result at the end.

regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Re: Anatomy of an Ancient Foe

Postby Tolakram » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Graveen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 pm

/worship ! :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby HunabKu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:13 am

:wink:
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Argo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Today i added the Hibernian Realminvaders to the Storm DB. You'll find them from TemplateID 750-765. I also added the asccording NPCEuipment to the DB. This are only the Basic NPCTs, no styles and spells yet. To add this things will take a bit longer since i have to create offensive and defensive spells first and also the styles for a few classes. Anyway, the doppelganger quest shows once more how much work the creation of a single quest can be if you wanna do it right :)

regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Argo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Today i succeeded, with Leodagans help, in enabling our pet class invaders, to spawn their minions. another success in the process of creation for that quest.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Excellent!! Glad to see it's moving forward and people are helping.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Leodagan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Actually there are bugs I pointed out on Freyad that should be looked upon if Pet Summoning is meant to be heavily used in this quest on Storm...

The NPC Controlled Brain makes a lot of checks to "Player Owner" Group in defensive spells, without checking if the Owner is indeed a player...

This prevent from giving Mob summoned Pet's any "realm-targeted" buffs, "realm-targeted" or "group-targeted" heals, "realm-targeted" cure poison or cure disease (I think this is the complete list) :

Any of these spells will be checked in Summon Handler in onEffectApply(), when it checks the summoned Pet defensive spells, this will result in a Null Pointer Exception that will break the "SetBrainOwner()" that should be run immediately after, and ending with a created GamePet standing in game with no owner ! (which will in turn result in the Mob chain-casting his summon spell until he gets a controlled creature...)

I made some fix to this behavior but it isn't tested actually (except in local)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:51 pm

I thought pet summoned pets use special brains that overrode PlayerOwner to return the player owner of the primary pet.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Leodagan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Yes it does, there is a special "GetPlayerOwner()" method that try to recursively find a player owner...

But in Argo's work it's really Mob summoning Pet, there is no GamePlayer in the "Owner" Tree... this method "GetPlayerOwner()" was made for "minion" summoning ;)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:34 pm

20.01.2014:
Hibernian Realm Invaders are all created.
Styles and Spells are attached to the according classes.
Pets are attached to the according Pet Classes
Spells are attached to the according Pets

NPCT's and Spells are committed to the DBs of Storm and Freyad.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Graveen » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:21 pm

/worship !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Argo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 am

Short Update:

Quest isn't forgotten but time is not on my side at the moment. Albion Invaders are nearly done though, reached the Reaverclass today. 4 or more Albion Invaders need to be done yet and then the Midgard Invaders as last realm. Thereafter, all i need to do is to write the Doppelganger Quest as DQ and all is fine. I am working on it as my time allows it, so Tola, your request is not forgotten, it is only delayed.

regards

Argo
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion