All those years

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Re: All those years

Postby Graveen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Uthgard is maintaining portal, yes. The sources are shared among the DOL team.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Darwin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 am

exporting DBs from DAoC DB
What do you mean exactly?
Darwin
Developer

Postby Etaew » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:11 pm

I run a resource for live players, a database of npcs, items, spells etc. If people want to work with me on the site, I can provide export links so we have a central DB that can be publicly shared and updated.

http://etaew.net/daocdb
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Argo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Etaew, i have done a quick look in to your DB, it contains a lot of items that represent the newest generation of DAoC. DoL DB and any other Clone represents more the old user journey. Me for my part does not really see how these DBs can be merged to a new user experience. Allthough it fills me with a certain jealousy when i see all those items and quests. Anyway, your project is more advanced than any other i have seen so far, including my own project :)

just my two cents

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Metty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 pm

and Uthgard controls portal dev? When did that happen?
Once I stopped working on it, those guys are awesome. Not sure if it is still in their hands though.
Yup, I'm still maintaining it. At least connect.exe itself -- haven't touched the GUI in a long while

PS: Etaew smells. :-P
Metty
DOL Enthusiast

Postby Dinberg » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Metty!

Etaew nice work on daoc db, its still looking grand :)
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby sryker1911 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 am

How does one gather this information to be placed into the database? Do you actually /gloc each mob on live? Is there a faster way to do this? I am a newb but for me I would just need to understand how to do this in order to update it. I noticed no mobs in the battlegrounds using the public database :(.
sryker1911
DOL Visitor

Postby Crazys » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

- Various people joined (Tired and quite a few then regular commiters joined) who made the update process mental, we were roxx0ing the DOLness.
- It got quiet, there were various phases of activeness/in-activeness/Tired and I switching roles as we came and left
- It got quiet, years passed, people left, people left and the work that Akira, DH, Tired, Argo, myself, Geshi, DF, Viper, Phen, DW etc (Some of who are still active) became less and less.. Updated.
- We're here today.

:)
I've done so much custom work in my time working with DOL almost nothing was useful to the progress of it. However the few things I could push I did. Like the origional ML npc that sat in DOLs core for a few years. All those who did DB work are gods I couldn't stand to read and type through all those lines the few times I helped Tired double check.

To those who have help keep dol going to this day. Great Job. To those who keep developing I praise you and your work I wish I could step up and do the same just without a server team to work with/for I feel it would go to waste. I'd love to work with a server team that pushed to advance dol to the few things it needs.

Side note - I Miss Tired
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Argo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 pm

some of us still do commit, but we don't announce it anymore. There is not much sense in anouncing DB work. It will show up in the world of daoc, people are happy and thats it. But yes, it has become quiet around us WBs, devs etc... Some of us work on other shards, some of us work solely on their homeshards. But however you see it, the DoL project may have reached a certain age, but its not dead yet.

regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Graveen » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 pm

/salute Argo ! :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:43 am

/salut mon ami :)
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion