Items.XML tag definition problem

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Items.XML tag definition problem

Postby TheIxian » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 pm

I am not really sure where to ask this so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place.

(I posted this in the daoc-origins.net forum as I am using their "Genesis Launcher", but someone suggested I post in these forums).

I am writing a script which will parse the Items.XML file to get it into a format that Loki will understand.

I am just stuck on the
Code: Select all
<PourClasses>46Fb07F3YPs=</PourClasses>

XML tag. The above example is for an Animist only staff. I was thinking that this is Base64 encoded data (which it may be) but when I decode it, I basically get gibberish no matter what character encoding I use, which makes me think this is a binary chunk of data.

Could someone please help me figure out how to decipher / unpack this data?

The only other way that I can think of to do this would be to just build a map of the raw encoded string for each known class.... obviously this would be a huge effort though.
TheIxian
DOL Guest

Re: Items.XML tag definition problem

Postby Tolakram » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Looks corrupt. I would expect a format similar to 12;43;10; to designate each class that is allowed to use the item.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby TheIxian » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Interesting. Yeah the rest of the file has number designations for everything, which was easy enough to cross reference to build my maps, but all the class tags have data similar to what I posted above.

To make it more interesting is all of the values end with either 1 or 2 "=" characters, which is consistent with Base64 encoding, but then it doesn't decode to anything recognizable to me...

So it must be something that the origins guys are doing then...

Thanks for your help, this at least gives me a possible end result to work toward.
TheIxian
DOL Guest

Postby Graveen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:51 pm

I think effectively Origins is applying something, as Tolakram said, the whole stuff is encoded in CSV like.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion