A little help please.

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

A little help please.

Postby barto22 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello

Im very new to DOL and, well, coding in general but I have always found myself better off starting at the deep end and working my way from there.

The problem I have hit right now is that my server has no start location so I cannot enter my world. Of course I must have changed something but what was it is the question that needs answering.

I have played around with a few databases just being curious more than anything but I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere..

Could somebody explain how I can add a start location to my server please? :)
barto22
DOL Guest

Re: A little help please.

Postby Leodagan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Populate your StartupLocation Table.

You need to enter values in there that will try to match your "character created" constraint to select the available Startup Location.

You need to provide a valid X/Y/Z/RegionID coordinate in your SQL Record, and you can set all the constraints to "0" to match EVERY character, and they will all spawn at this same location !

If you want to enter specific constraint (at least Realm Match to start them in their own realm...) you can specify Realm ID, Class ID, Race ID, Requested Client Region ID (for some old client that allow to start in Shrouded Isles or to choose not to run the tutorial !), and the startup script will try to match your character to the new constraints or will default to a record that use "0" constraints.

There are some tips in this topic : http://www.dolserver.net/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=22332 to create your startup location table if you don't have them already created in your database !
Leodagan
Developer

Re: A little help please.

Postby barto22 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Got it thanks. Managed to have a play around with it and figured out some other useful stuff to get me started.
Another question though.. Where do I store my mob scripts so that I can access them in game such as custom mobs or npcs?
barto22
DOL Guest

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion