Valuables scripts for GSS

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Valuables scripts for GSS

Postby Graveen » Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello !

I would like to discuss your favorites scripts, thoses that would be nice into the DOL core.
Basically there are a lot of resources around here, and they sometimes worths the try !

This topic got theses purposes:

1) list interesting scripts
2) elect them to go either in GSS or in the core
3) point eventual alternative and eventually see what should be given the priority

Please, when presenting a script, explain quickly what it does.

Warm your keyboards :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: Valuables scripts for GSS

Postby Eudes » Tue May 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Hello all and thanks Graveen.

I would suggest three scripts. And sorry for my bad english.

The first one is from Amtenael (thanks to Dre), the TextNpc:

Above all, this script is far more easy to use than a Dataquest for what it does and far more powerful than using the Mob Ambient Behavior.

- The PC can interact with the NPC and read some texts with [keywords] to continue reading.
- The NPC can filter interaction with NPC depending on races, classes, guild, name, level, day time...
- The NPC can broadcast random sentences, casts spell and emote.
- The NPC can become a trader and accepts gold, XP, items.

IMHO this script only needs the MAB triggers (like aggroing, seeing, roaming) to be even better.

The second one is the "chest", also from Amtenael but with some addition from Britannia (thanks to Tyriada).

It takes the shape of any world object with which one can interact to get an item from a list of several items with a percentage of probability of each item, a respawn time and even a key. And Britannia has added the possibility of obtaining a ROG or a mob (as a big surprise).

And the last one is from Britannia. It creates quickly and easily areas where it is possible to spawn various mobs as random encounters, like aggro mobs, quests mobs...

That's all :)
Eudes
DOL Freak

Re: Valuables scripts for GSS

Postby Eudes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi again,

As I do not see anyone particpating here (which is really a shame) I would also suggest another script from Amtenaël, the NighMob. With this script it is possible to spawn mobs depending of the night or the day. Great to give some more challenge during the night (or the day)!
Eudes
DOL Freak

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion