Live-Like Classes.

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Live-Like Classes.

Postby dargon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:30 am

Over the next few weeks, I plan to work on getting all player classes as close to current live-like as possible. I am posting this to

1: Document progress and change

2: Offer the option for assistance for anyone that would like to help.

My first step will be the Warlock, this class has gone through many changes (being as Over Powered as it is) and while still OP on live, is a little more balanced, which i would like to see here on DOL.

I will be going class by class and reworking all their spells/styles to fit the current live patch. If you would like to help, please reply here, or send me a PM.

Thank you,
Dargon/Mannik
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Re: Live-Like Classes.

Postby Leodagan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello,

You're really not beginning with an easy task...

Classes are again being rebalanced on current pendragon patch (and in fact Broadsword is changing a huge amount of class defining abilities...)

Spell Handlers are still a mess, and will obviously need some complete re-work and refactoring, specially around newest classes like Heretic or Warlock which have been implemented in a horrible way !

Warlock use a lot of custom scripted code in GamePlayer class that shouldn't be here and that would need clean up if you come with a modular update relying on Game Event Listener...

You should pick up simple task to begin with and focus on classes needing minimal code change to build up your updates slowly on top of previously fixed skills.

If you work around weapon styles you should probably contact YaY, he worked on specific growth rate adjustment recently and discovered pretty interesting formula that may not be fully implemented in DOL actually.

If you still want to go through advanced spell handlers like Warlock ones, I'll need you to use new code features to prevent storing garbage values in Spell Table Columns (unlike most previously implemented spell handlers) so don't be upset if I don't merge your patches immediately and discuss a lot on code quality :)

If you need help to answer some questions I'll be around (here or GitHub or IRC but mostly always AFK)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby dargon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:43 am

i know. luckly im part of the onternal boards and know all their upcoming changes and will he anle to tweak them properly as they are released
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby dargon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:45 am

as well as i would love the input as i upload my changes. there is no reason to kindly pass my changes in of they are garbage :) i welcome the criticism
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Leodagan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:58 am

I was just warning because my lack of english vocabulary can sounds like I'm not diplomatic ;)

If you want a tip with GitHub, don't forget to sync your fork from upstream https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/

And create a branch when you want to init a Pull Request for New Feature (naming the branch accordingly is nice), this way you can start a Pull Request right away and each time you push to your branch it will update the Pull Request ticket accordingly and run Unit Tests again :)

GitHub tickets allow to comment code and diff reports way better than copy/pasting snippet in forum code block !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby dargon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:14 am

Thanks, ill defenately create a ClassUpdates or SpellUpdates branch for my work! i hope i can make some worthy code for you leo, and all of DOL
dargon
DOL Follower

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion