Loot Templates for lesser uniques

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Loot Templates for lesser uniques

Postby tegstewart » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm working on filling in the loot templates for the lesser dragons in the epic zones, and I've noticed Allakhazaam's loot list for them is really irregular. For example, their entry for Ghorvensath has a whopping four items in it, while the other three in that zone have lists 20+ items long. I suspect this is because as unique mobs that weren't farmed as heavily as the big dragons, there just isn't as much data on what they drop.

I'm considering making a single large loot list combining all four of them and applying it to each dragon. I suspect that's what was done on live; the individual mobs aren't important enough to merit a custom list being designed for each.

Would people prefer I do consolidated loot templates, or follow Allakhazaam exactly even though it's probably flawed?

As a side question, would the lesser dragons benefit from having the dragon brain?
tegstewart
Developer

Re: Loot Templates for lesser uniques

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm

they have a brain like the dragon but alot weaker and dont spawn adds.
And if you add loot list to em you dont have to the old drops of dragons are still on main dragon so if you change the name to small dragon in db and copy it for each of the small dragons its done fast
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby tegstewart » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm

That's what I was thinking. It's much faster and easier to do one list and copy/paste it than to do four customized lists.

The odd thing is that the list ends up being more than 60 entries, which is longer than Cuuldurach's in the DB. Allakhazaam has him as having 150 entries, though. Ugh.

Since I'm dealing with a much longer list, I was thinking of going with 5 drops in mobxloottemplate and a 10 percent chance of each item with a 90 percent chance of scales.
tegstewart
Developer

Postby Graveen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Notice on live you have a merchant selling all the dragon stuff, so it should provide an accurate list of high end drops.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby tegstewart » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Planar added those merchants, they just don't have their stock entered yet. That's one of the things I want to work on once I have scales added to loottemplates.
tegstewart
Developer

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:26 am

ahm you dont have to add scales to loot templates you can use lootgenerators in database for an given regionid.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby tegstewart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:35 pm

ahm you dont have to add scales to loot templates you can use lootgenerators in database for an given regionid.
Sweet. That should make it a lot easier to get the other mobs to drop them. The dragons are supposed to drop more scales, so I'll leave scales in their loottemplates.

I'm guessing I'm not the only person who really likes the Sheeroe Hills in comparison to the other epic zones. Allakhazaam lists 80+ items for the lesser dragons there, and a whopping two items for each of the other epic zones.

I might just roll the extra items into the epic dragons' lists and have the lesser ones drop a whole bunch of scales instead.
tegstewart
Developer

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:13 pm

you could do this way but it would be custom
livelike is that all mini dragons have all the items not listed on:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=14375
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=14376
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=14377

and all minis drop the same

and on scales the mobloottemplate can define mob grps/droptype (lootgen script) to drop scales based on something like mob level uppercase startingletter and such
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby tegstewart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

The problem is that it also shows the items the dragons drop being available from the merchant as well. It's much easier to see this on the Mid and Alb sides since there are a lot fewer items to sift through, but there's a lot of overlap on the Hibernian side as well.

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=14376
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=13160

Did live remove those items as drops when they shifted to scales?
tegstewart
Developer

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:03 am

Its pretty much this way :
within toa dragon items got improved and and all existing versions of that item renamed to old name of item.
Then within the mini dragon campain the random drops like Dragon Etched gloves n such were removed from gjalpinulva and added to the mini dragons. (around 2007)
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=3223 (here you can check for this items)
Within Patch 1.100 they added Dragon scales (around 2009):
http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Pat ... sion_1.100
A new alternate currency has been added to the game called Dragon Scales.
This currency drops from most humanoid and draconic monsters found within the Dartmoor, Malmohus and Sheeroe Hills.
These Scales can be bartered with the Order of Dragonslayers for treasure hoarded by the Dragons
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby tegstewart » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Hmm.

I think I'll start by getting the loot generator and merchants working before I tackle that.
tegstewart
Developer

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion