Dropping a stack of an item

Discussions on various DOL development features

Moderator: Support Team

Dropping a stack of an item

Postby Tolakram » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Howdy,

I want to drop a stack of 50 or so arrows (yea, I'm sticking to the old archery) but there doesn't seem to be a way to drop a quantity of items, just one at a time?

Am I just missing something? Has anyone written a work around for this (assuming I'm not being stupid)?

Thanks.
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby stealth215 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:18 pm

max count field
packsize field

set Max Count to like 200 or w/e and then set packsize to 50...it should would i think
Batlas: ...180982168721657816182761875612765127652176512762576576576^17867
Stealth215: i believe the proper term for that is a kajillion
Batlas: Thread winnar!
Stealth215 yay me!
stealth215
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Tolakram » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:57 pm

Unfortunately PackSize is not handled by the loot generator.

Ah, I found two problems:

in GameNPC.DropLoot

if (((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.Id_nb == "aurulite")
{
((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.Count = ((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.PackSize;
}

So for whatever reason someone decided only aurulite can recognize packsize.

The second problem is that I can set Count to be what I want to drop when the item is an inventory item, but the loot generator uses itemtemplate not inventory item, so the Count is lost.

So the only way to set how many you want to drop is via packsize. Can someone remove the aurulite restriction to packsize? I'm going ahead and removing it locally, but I question why the restriction is there in the first place. Null or 0 packsize should equal 1, anything else should be used when dropping the loot.

if (((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.PackSize > 1)
((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.Count = ((GameInventoryItem)loot).Item.PackSize;
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Dropping a stack of an item

Postby Marko » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:29 pm

Sorry to revive this old thread, but did you ever get this to work Tola? I'm trying to get DF princes and high lords to drops stacks of seals like 'live' . I've updated both the itemtemplate maxcount (25) and packsize (10), and I've added set count in the loottemplate count (10) just for Princes & Lords.

I'd like other DF mobs to still drop singles though, so... can this be done? Right now I"m getting stacks, but everything is dropping stacks, not just the Princes and Lords..
Marko
DOL Novice

Re: Dropping a stack of an item

Postby Maze » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 am

You don't want packsize, you want to set the drop count higher. Packsize is for loot that you want to always buy in stacks.

I don't think my code ever got committed, but I did work on the loot generator some years back, but never finished. I think my loot code works very well: http://www.dolserver.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=20899 it may fix some issues you're having.

I also don't know how old this issue is and what changes happened since the posts in this thread. Would have been better to start a new thread than to necropost. :)
Maze
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” DOL Development Discussion