Artifact FAQ

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Dawn of Light: Storm the official server related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

Re: Artifact FAQ

Postby Shatteredhand » Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I see it has to do with /GameServer/gameutils/LootGeneratorScroll.cs. All mobs in any of the Oceanus zones will drop scrolls for artifacts returned by ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Oceanus"), rather than specifying for Hesperos, Mesothalassa, Notos, Boreal, or Anatole. A fix would require relabeling the 32 Artifacts zones in the DB to their respective specific Oceanus zones and the addition of a few more statements in the lootgenerator. Anatole doesn't have any artifacts, if this new scheme was implemented it'd probably be better to lump the Anatole's scroll drops with Volcanus

To get the above behavior, Lines 61-83 in LootGeneratorScroll.cs would need to be replaced with:

61 switch (mob.CurrentZone.Description)
62 {
63 case "Oceanus Hesperos":
64 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Hesperos");
65 break;
66 case "Mesothalassa":
67 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Mesothalassa");
68 break;
69 case "Oceanus Notos":
70 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Notos");
71 break;
72 case "Oceanus Boreal":
73 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Boreal");
74 break;
75 case "Stygian Delta":
76 case "Land of Atum":
77 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Stygia");
78 break;
79 case "Arbor Glen":
80 case "Green Glades":
81 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Aerus");
82 break;
83 case "Oceanus Anatole":
84 case "Typhon's Reach":
85 case "Ashen Isles":
86 artifacts = ArtifactMgr.GetArtifacts("Volcanus");
87 break;
88 }
Shatteredhand
DOL Visitor

Postby Sand » Sun May 23, 2010 5:54 am

Editing and writing over from scratch.

Far as I can see this is working as intended.

Scrolls drop in the zoneS associated with the region of the artificat.

I fixed the loot generator a while back to correct issue where a few zones were put in wrong group, think like meso, notos, boreal and volcanus were not in as hesperos.

Basically the scrolls of the zones turn in point, we do not break it down on individual zones, not sure why you took it so literally the use of zone. Our system was never designed to do that and don't see why we should, though maybe we should reword the FAQ.

Also, not sure why your trying to break out the ocean type zones yet leaving green glades and volcanus ones lumped together. Decent farming spots in the ocean areas are hard to come by, this would make farming for many artifacts a major pain.
Sand
Server Team

Postby Shatteredhand » Sun May 23, 2010 8:18 pm

[quote="Sand"]
Also, not sure why your trying to break out the ocean type zones yet leaving green glades and volcanus ones lumped together. Decent farming spots in the ocean areas are hard to come by, this would make farming for many artifacts a major pain.
[/quote]

Leaving aerus, volcanus, and stygia lumped was more of an oversight than intentional. If you want equal odds of farming scrolls for each artifact, breaking it down by the zone is the fairest way. Oceanus artifacts are arbitrarily harder to farm for than the others at the moment.
Shatteredhand
DOL Visitor

Postby DOLBot » Fri May 28, 2010 12:06 am

i think im blind but i cant seem to find battler in there
DOLBot
DOL Bot

Postby Roozzz » Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 am

typhonus wrote:i think im blind but i cant seem to find battler in there

'Battler', 'Volcanus'

Couple of posts up :)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Roozzz
Database Team

Postby Sand » Sat May 29, 2010 10:58 am

The way we have scrolls dropping is actually consistent with live in this regard except that on live they have certain mobs with a greater chance to drop specific scrolls and otherwise is a little more random as you don't kill different things for 1, 2 and 3 like in our system.

Live has gone a few ways with scrolls.

Early on it was you had 3 different mobs that drop a particular scroll, it was not always a mob in the EXACT zone of the artifact. Example Egg of Youth scrolls drop from the fish people mobs, Naxos Sentinels for Egg of youth 1 yet that encounter is in Notos. This IMO was a very frustrating system for getting certain arti scrolls because the mobs were scarce or pain in the butt to farm. Example on Gaheris a must have arti was Snatchers (for the rp boost since we only had to wear it when turning in seals) and those scrolls drop off purple taur, thus not very farmable solo for many people.

That system was in for quite some time until they moved to a system wear scrolls droped based on the zone region of the arti, and was completely random.

Then not long after that they added an increased drop chance on the mobs that use to drop them in the early system. This way you have a lot of freedom to farm in general for scrolls but if you want to up you chances for a specific scroll you farm it.

Mythic does not break scrolls drops down to specific zone and I see no reason for us to do so, though I wouldn't hurt to add the increased chance for scrolls on certain mobs but it probably be a bit of work that can be better spent on other things.

Edit:
Just wanted to add link to Mythic herald patch regard scroll drops:
http://www.camelotherald.com/news/news_ ... oryid=2289

In my experience that "increased" chance isn't huge, I could usually get the scroll associated with that particular mob within an hour but I would also farm up an inventory worth or more of other assorted scrolls.
Sand
Server Team

Postby Sand » Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 am

Shatteredhand wrote: If you want equal odds of farming scrolls for each artifact, breaking it down by the zone is the fairest way. Oceanus artifacts are arbitrarily harder to farm for than the others at the moment.

I disagree that be the fairest way as it would not give equal chance of farming each artifact.

Yes getting a specific scroll sometimes when there a lot of different items dropping can be a pain but it does mean a greater chance someone ELSE has the scroll and this might help CERTAIN scolls, but many scrolls would become tougher in your system due to limited mobs of the appropriate levels to farm and it is less fair because some zones only have a couple artis while others have a number of them.
Sand
Server Team

Return to “%s” Announcements