Artifact Encounters

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Dawn of Light: Storm the official server related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

Artifact Encounters

Postby bluraven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

This thread will be updated as new encounters become available.
The following artifact encounters have been implemented:

Tartaros' Gift: High Priest Akil holds the secret gift of Tartaro with the help of his fellow priests. If you're up to the challenge he can be found in Typhon's Reach (12k, 50k). Recommended party size: 1 group.
Malice's Axe: Malamis guards the legendary Malice Axe with a challenge to fill his treasure chests with coins and defeat him. Interact with the axe to attempt the encounter which can be found in Typhon's Reach 45k, 22k. (Recommended party size): 1 group.
Bruiser: In the factory fortress in Typhon's Reach lays the genuine Bruiser artifact amongst many fakes. When you pick one of them up, there is a chance you will have obtained the genuine artifact; otherwise you will be AE mezzed and then attacked by a wave of taur. To find the factory fortress: Go to the island battler spawns on in Ashen Isles and look for the 2 small-type bridges due west on battler's island. Go across one of those bridges and you're looking at Bruiser fortress. Recommended party size: 1 group.
Maddening Scalars: The very large and very angry snake needs a good besting in Typhon's Reach. Defeat him to receive Maddening Scalars gloves. (Recommended party size: Duo)
Ring of Fire: Soleh the Djinn dosn't think you have what it takes to survive a few rounds of her taur companions. Speak with her to begin the encounter and prove her wrong. She's located in Typhon's Reach at 50k, 53k. (Recommended party size: 1 Group)
Battler: Are you the Bane of Battler? Be careful he's very hungry and wouldn't think twice about chomping you to bits. If he's successful he will grow in size and power and gain some of your abilities. If you are the successor you will be granted the powerful Bane of Battler artifact. (Recommended party size: Duo)
More coming soon!
December 17th - Jan 3rd 2010 I will be hard at work on new encounters.

Please PM BluRaven with any feedback regarding the encounters.
Have fun on Storm!
-Blu
bluraven
Support Team

Re: Artifact Encounters

Postby Decatur » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:52 am

Awesome! I personally liked the artifact system on live, and I shall be interested to test these and see the near coming additions. :)
Solitarysoule
New DF i50 Server Coming Soon: https://darknessreturning.boards.net/
Decatur
DOL Enthusiast

Postby Phen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:39 am

I did Tartaro's Gift Encounter tonight. Twice even! Excellent Job!!

Second Fight didn't go so well lol:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... hot060.jpg
Phen
Storm GM

Yahoo Messenger: KerzedSoul@yahoo.com

Postby bluraven » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 pm

YAY! =) Thank you! :D Was Akil tough enough? Was the encounter too tough? I'm glad it worked :)
bluraven
Support Team

Postby Phen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 am

He was plenty tough, my strategic approach was very similar to Live with my Necro and took me a few attempts to get control of the situation all in all a great encounter was very fun.
Phen
Storm GM

Yahoo Messenger: KerzedSoul@yahoo.com

Postby bluraven » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:09 am

Bump: Added Malice's Axe encounter.

p.s. can someone make this thread a sticky? (I can't).

p.p.s. Please get some friends together and test this encounter for me and report back here. :D To start the encounter, interact with the Axe on the pedestal. If the axe isn't there then my change hasn't been made live yet. It will be after the server reboots and updates.

bluraven
Support Team

Postby Graveen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:51 am

TY mate !!! post stycki'ed ! ;)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby bluraven » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 am

I'm taking a short break, sorry to say it's going to be a little while before I'm ready to resume my work on the artifact encounters. I'll still be around though :)
bluraven
Support Team

Postby bluraven » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm going to be picking up where I left off on these starting this weekend. Yay! =) I've got to get my development environment all re-setup again and start to refresh my C# memory a little, but I hope to get another encounter ready for play testing by this weekend or next.
bluraven
Support Team

Postby Tolakram » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Excellent news!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby bluraven » Mon May 31, 2010 12:13 am

Bump: Added Bruiser Artifact Encounter. This will be live and ready to try out as soon as the patch goes live.

Bruiser notes:
Enter the building and make your way to the forge pit's in the back. There you will find many "Sturdy Smith Hammers", just interact with one and let the fun begin. You should attempt this encounter with a group of friends. Have fun and remember to leave me feedback about it! -Blu
bluraven
Support Team

Postby Tolakram » Mon May 31, 2010 12:20 am

Is this encounter active in all ToA zones (realms)?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby bluraven » Mon May 31, 2010 12:23 am

Yep it sure is. It's a completely separate instance of the encounter for each of the three realms, so players can be doing the encounter in all three realms at once and not effect the others.
bluraven
Support Team

Postby Graveen » Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 am

Really nice :)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby bluraven » Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 am

Maddening Scalars notes:
Ylyssan the mighty snake is ready to battle and I'm warning you now, he's packing a punch. This is the large snake near the Tartaros Gift encounter. As always feel free to send me feedback. :)
bluraven
Support Team

Return to “%s” Announcements