Style Damage Update

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Dawn of Light: Storm the official server related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

Style Damage Update

Postby Yay » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello,

I tested and updated a lot of styles to account for the missing growth offset that is present on Live. This will change the damage from many styles a lot especially if the actual skill (including items and RR) is a lot bigger or smaller than 61. Wyrd seems to have tested most styles at that skill level (50+11 I guess) and therefore the calculation is skewed that way.

This is maybe not the end of changes regarding styles because I suspect a lot of rounding. Therefore the damage values from style damage are close to Live, but not exactly the same. The linear deviation should be minimal now, tho.

Affected are around 1232 class styles and there are still some missing. I updated all lines the same even if I know that some styles are likely different on certain classes. For example I updated "Sword" disregarding the class, altho "Polar Rift" is likely different in GrowthOffset and/or GrowthRate on Thane/Valk. I will however more precisely update this in the future. I also did some cross testing in this regard for generic classes (Hero's and Nightshade's Piercing and Blades for example) and found that these styles are indeed nearly identical in GrowthRate and GrowthOffset.

Updated Style Lines
  • Slash
  • Crush
  • Thrust
  • Two Handed
  • Polearm
  • Shields
  • Dual Wield
  • Critical Strike
  • Celtic Dual
  • Blades
  • Blunt
  • Piercing
  • Large Weapons
  • Celtic Spear
  • Sword
  • Axe
  • Hammer
  • Left Axe
  • Staff
  • Flexible
  • Mauler Staff
  • Mauler Fist Wraps
  • Scythe
  • Vamp Piercing
  • Spear
  • Hand to Hand
Also updated CL styles. There are some styles that do not exist on Live. For these cases I used values from similar (CL-)styles.

I also have the values for ML styles, but these behave differently. These have fixed damage that ignore weapon speed and therefore have also speed independent endu costs. These also act different than the stealth opener, because there is no difference in 2hand and 1hand calculation. The style damage is always the same. The damage classification is also noticably different from stealth opening styles.
Last edited by Yay on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yay
Contributor

Re: [WIP] Style Damage Update

Postby Yay » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Tested and updated the missing style lines. I found surprisingly only one hybrid style (style with an unusual proc for the line like a DD) where the damage is different. I tested the whole Thane/Axe+Hammer line as well as Valkyrie/Sword and compared them to Bers/Axe+Hammer+Sword.
Yay
Contributor

Return to “%s” Announcements