Storm Relics

General server discussion for Dawn of Light: Storm.

Moderators: Support Team, Storm Team

Storm Relics

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 pm

I was unable to reproduce any relic problems when capturing relics. Please review the following guide for Storm relics and let me know if the problem persists.

There are 6 relic pads for each realm, 3 of type magic and 3 of type strength. In order to capture a relic you must first have your own relics and then you must place the captured relics on the appropriate pad type. A strength relic can't be stored on a magic relic pad and a magic relic can't be stored on a strength relic pad.

To pick up a relic you right click on it. To place a relic you simply walk onto an empty relic pad of the proper type (Strength or Magic) and the relic will be captured.

Relic pads are located in the following keeps:

Albion:
'Caer Benowyc Power Relic Pad'
'Caer Benowyc Strength Relic Pad'
'Caer Boldiam Power Relic Pad'
'Caer Boldiam Strength Relic Pad'
'Caer Renaris Power Relic Pad'
'Caer Renaris Strength Relic Pad'

Midgard:
'Bledmeer Faste Power Relic Pad'
'Bledmeer Faste Strength Relic Pad'
'Fensalir Faste Power Relic Pad'
'Fensalir Faste Strength Relic Pad'
'Glenlock Faste Power Relic Pad'
'Glenlock Faste Strength Relic Pad'

Hibernia:
'Dun Ailinne Power Relic Pad'
'Dun Ailinne Strength Relic Pad'
'Dun Crauchon Power Relic Pad'
'Dun Crauchon Strength Relic Pad'
'Dun nGed Power Relic Pad'
'Dun nGed Strength Relic Pad'
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Storm Relics

Postby Decatur » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:29 pm

First, let me ask you if you're trying to replicate live relics?

On live, a relic pad can hold any type of relic, which is the first mistake in coding. Second, the relic pads are located in:

Beno
Bold
Hurb
Ren

Bled
Glen
Arv
Fens

Crauch
nGed
Scath
Aillinne

Because the most amount of relics a realm can have is 6, so if a realm has all 6, these are the keeps that need to be attacked. So that players cannot hide all relics close to their border keeps. So the pad shouldn't be checking for the correct relic type, there's only one type of relic pad.
Solitarysoule
New DF i50 Server Coming Soon: https://darknessreturning.boards.net/
Decatur
DOL Enthusiast

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Yes and no.

Yes, it would be nice if it was live like. Thanks for letting me know how it worked, maybe someday we can fix it. Ideally, on Storm, we will have actual relics at relics keeps working someday and this will simple be the system used on PvP servers.

It's interesting someone decided the pad type has to match ... I wonder why?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Decatur » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Maybe because a bunch of the developers haven't played live competitively in a while, which is of no fault of any of you, which created this. Was there not at one time a donation tab to DoL so that the staff could test on live?
Solitarysoule
New DF i50 Server Coming Soon: https://darknessreturning.boards.net/
Decatur
DOL Enthusiast

Postby Graveen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:48 pm

it 'll come back as soon as i could do ;)

For the 2 types, certainly the coder was not aware of this point.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Phen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:11 pm

i think it has to do with retaking relics before the server has been restarted, i have looked in the relics db prior to albs retaking which will show the current holder of the relics realm , once it is picked up it sets to 0(which i think is correct) then it cannot be placed on the albion pad( i only have exp with this happening to alb realm need more info for the other 2 realms)
Phen
Storm GM

Yahoo Messenger: KerzedSoul@yahoo.com

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 pm

I added another line of debug info if what you said occurs. Tomorrow or over the weekend we'll need to get people to try and take some relics.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Lilmuss,

what happened here:

01:34:28,696 - [RegionTime3] - DEBUG - DOL.GS.GameRelic - Remove Horn of Valhalla from Lilmuss's Inventory successfully.

01:54:40,676 - [RegionTime3] - INFO - DOL.GS.GameRelic - Relic Horn of Valhalla is lost and returns to DOL.GS.GameRelicPad name=Bledmeer Faste Power Relic Pad

There is no placement confirmation, so apparently you dropped it? Did you run on the pad and have it taken from you? Can you recall exactly what happened?

Actually it appears this relic run was done prior to the new logging changes going live, so I need you to try and capture again so I can get up to date information.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Phase » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:08 am

Tolakram, this issue is not occurring all the time. What does happen when it occurs is that the relic does not drop on it's corresponding pad, i.e. get removed from the player's inventory and relocated onto the pad when walking over it. And yes, I am aware of the keeps and which they can be placed (Beno, Bold, Ren etc.) and which pad (str closest to stairs, pwr farthest from stairs). It does not seem to isolated to any one keep or specific relic. It has happened when retrieving them in mid and hib keeps, pwr and str relics or what keep they were being placed in. If you cannot place in one, it will not take in the other two keeps.
Hope this sheds more light on the subject, anything more, please let me know how I can help.
Phase
DOL Visitor

Postby Phase » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:15 am

Tolakram, didn't see this response , I logged out to get it rid of it on the pad. Upon re-logging in, it is sitting on it's pad. However, the owner is none in "/relic" window.

[i]Lilmuss,

what happened here:

01:34:28,696 - [RegionTime3] - DEBUG - DOL.GS.GameRelic - Remove Horn of Valhalla from Lilmuss's Inventory successfully.

01:54:40,676 - [RegionTime3] - INFO - DOL.GS.GameRelic - Relic Horn of Valhalla is lost and returns to DOL.GS.GameRelicPad name=Bledmeer Faste Power Relic Pad
[/i]

There is no placement confirmation, so apparently you dropped it? Did you run on the pad and have it taken from you? Can you recall exactly what happened?
Phase
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Good information, thanks. I'll continue to look into it.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:55 pm

After the reboot tomorrow morning (1/10/2010) everything should be fixed.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” General