Spirit Master Pet

General server discussion for Dawn of Light: Storm.

Moderators: Support Team, Storm Team

Spirit Master Pet

Postby Zenic » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Ok, So I have noticed, and I did search through the forums about this and found nothing, SM pets are very squishy. I am unsure if other pets are the same, or not. I have not played any of the other classes. It does seem as if pets have nearly no absorption factor. Fully buffed at lvl 39 with yellow spec af from healer I can not focus 4 yellow mobs in the barrows without having to heal an excessive amount. I have to heal so much right away that my pet instantly loses agro. I am talking about the the mobs right at the very entrance of the barrows. In the arena's it is also the exact same. Everything hits my pet for so much dmg. I realize it is a bit overpowering in PVE to an extent, but at this rate a pet class doesn't even seem viable in PVE. I'm unsure if this was an intentional addition to the game or perhaps just an oversight. I do believe I am not the only one who has noticed this issue. I am surprised I was unable to find anything out about this on the forums already. If there are any details about this issue I would love to be pointed in the right direction about them or perhaps someone could look into the problem further?
Zenic
DOL Guest

Re: Spirit Master Pet

Postby Tolakram » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm

I made a few adjustments to con, dex, str pet properties. Some improvement on survivability. Without real tests we have no way of knowing how pets compare here to live.

You want kick ass pets, play D2 :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Spirit Master Pet

Postby Sand » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am

Ok, So I have noticed, and I did search through the forums about this and found nothing, SM pets are very squishy. I am unsure if other pets are the same, or not. I have not played any of the other classes. It does seem as if pets have nearly no absorption factor. Fully buffed at lvl 39 with yellow spec af from healer I can not focus 4 yellow mobs in the barrows without having to heal an excessive amount. I have to heal so much right away that my pet instantly loses agro. I am talking about the the mobs right at the very entrance of the barrows. In the arena's it is also the exact same. Everything hits my pet for so much dmg. I realize it is a bit overpowering in PVE to an extent, but at this rate a pet class doesn't even seem viable in PVE. I'm unsure if this was an intentional addition to the game or perhaps just an oversight. I do believe I am not the only one who has noticed this issue. I am surprised I was unable to find anything out about this on the forums already. If there are any details about this issue I would love to be pointed in the right direction about them or perhaps someone could look into the problem further?
Spec af is not suppose to affect pets (it use to on storm, not sure if that was fixed). I have found the spirit master pet a little squisher than live so your concern is not unfounded but I did not find the difference dramatic. Keep in mind a healer only buffed, even on live was quite sqishy and you are much better off to use shammy rather than healer with one. The first secondary characater I used with my cabby was a Healer, and she could not focus pull worth a damn compared to cabby and full enhance cleric (two fold buffs+ heal proc). To take on more than a couple yellows without major healing you need more than base buffs, you need specs preferably pink ones + full buff bonus.
Sand
Server Team

Return to “%s” General