DAoC novice with "how to" questions

General server discussion for Dawn of Light: Storm.

Moderators: Support Team, Storm Team

DAoC novice with "how to" questions

Postby Aylana » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:58 pm

I have never played DAoC before. Long ago I played Everquest. I am playing on the Storm server as a druid (level 6, maybe). I will probably try out a bunch of classes. While I learn to play I will be mostly focused on PvE and not in a hurry to go through levels.

Here are a few questions.

1) Is it possible to move the buttons on the quickbars, instead of deleting and remaking them? If so, how?

2) Any advice for targeting myself and my pet using the keyboard. I made a macro for targeting myself and /qbind to the CAPS key, but it doesn't always seem to work. It works fine when I test it while standing around doing nothing. But, when I am fighting I have trouble getting it to work. I have no clue how to target my pet with the keyboard or how to make a macro to target my pet.

3) While leveling is there a way to prevent the auto creation of quick keys for the new spells?

4) Is there a way to see a side-by-side comparison of equipment? Having 2 info windows up at the same time. Any advice for choosing the best equipment.

5) open ending general advice for novice players.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Aylana
Aylana
DOL Guest

Re: DAoC novice with "how to" questions

Postby Graveen » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:46 pm

You should play on live, you have a free trial of 7 days.

1) No, sorry. Any spell evolving land to a new icon. Sometimes it replace the lowest, sometimes not (depend on if you can still use low level or not).

2) I'm sure we could add such improvement to the core. Actually i can only see 2 ways to target a pet: the name in the pet window, or click the pet itself. You can try to shift + drag'n drop pet name to your bar
3) sorry what do you mean ?
4) No, and this is actually a client limitation, you can equip and use /bonuses to see what improved.
5) Generally dungeons are interesting for leveling, but tasks, quests are often worth the try
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: DAoC novice with "how to" questions

Postby HunabKu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:52 am

Hi Aylana and welcome !
I will add some :
1. You can add/remove your quickbars entries locations but certains spells replace olders. Look in you character's sheet, magic tab contain spells, combat tab contains styles.
2. With shift key you can move a window, link a something, like the pet name, actions but not selection.
With tab, you will select ennemies. With ctrl+tab, you will select allies so do it twice for select your pet.
3. No you can't, it's an automatic system to have always the latest spells to be always more efficient.
4. Year it's an interface limitation, there is only on windows for the equipment informations (and others).
5. For novice i advice the open-world mobs, more easy to run if you will dead.
But when you will master your spells/styles, you will try the dungeons, especialy the "catacombs dungeons". In start location an on certain countries you will see npc named like "Taskmaster ...". If an yellow quest icon is on top of his head, you can talk to him to have a mission in the closest (special) dungeon.

I can add this :
- In villages and city, you can speak to npc named like "Minstrel ..." (albion), "Skald of Midgard", or "Bard of Hibernia" to have a moouvment speed. It disappear when you jump or fight or after 15min.
- i will ad more if it comes back to me.
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Return to “%s” General