Un-dynamic mob's in an un-dynamic world

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Un-dynamic mob's in an un-dynamic world

Postby crashhansen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi

Something that has made me hate MMORPG games was the lack of Dynamic worlds with Dynamic characters.

So i have been stuck in the proverbial thinking box, how could I do this.?

The solution has hit me Mob's needs to level and have experience as much as the Gamer that way the mob can discover and grow like the player, and more to the point the mob can become stronger and and go adventuring.

The best part is that if you die the Experience that you give the mob is what i would like to talk about
How much are you worth to the mob.

And what should be the level latter of a mob and do we need to build a latter

Please give me your points i have already started to make modification to the to the classes that allows the mobs grow and get better, I have build a sudo code for letting the mob do an assessment selection of choosing its next target based on view of the players next to it so that it can do a ToStrong ToWeek JustRight assessment of the player and then use this as a best way to select growth much like we as player do it.

So any ideas would be welcome.

Kind regards

Crash.
crashhansen
DOL Visitor

Re: Un-dynamic mob's in an un-dynamic world

Postby dargon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 pm

your biggest issue i see would be mob pathing. how it would travel the world. LOS is done via client side so mobs with a advanced random pathing would walk through walls. other than that i would say a spell/style tier if mob level is >= # then add a style it could use. then a check when it styles of it just used said style and has followuo use followup maybe a speach system more advanced than the trigger system that for towns could have possible chats like a smart ai (look at Igod) that would take time but would make it more dynamic.
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby crashhansen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

true i did not say it would not take time or have some issues.

But the level system would make it more interesting to play because that would mean that gamers sometimes would have to post quest to players and not just the static quests.

Say you enter the starter town and some mob level 10 is roaming the area 1'st lvl character would have a hard time unless the level a few levels and then take it by force of group.

Further more i always have this idea that if you as a character rise as a clone of your self as zombie or wraith and then roam that area and have the same AI as the intelligent mobs it would mean that you could have some adventures of players wanting to post quests in town where they would LFG to go kill their zombie to get their XP back or continue

And the other player would then be able to capitalize on the zombie as it contains your equipment and gold, Ergo the game takes on a whole new meaning, gets more interesting as its not just farm level and hop into RvR but stay in the world and try to see what happens, and parts of worlds die pretty quick as the mobs are so static and eventually you play your self out of the game and would have to start over in a new character, and it would be a variation of the theme.

Hope it makes sens.
crashhansen
DOL Visitor

Postby dargon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:32 pm

I actually have zombies on my server, when you die to a zombie, a zombie of your character spawns, its not a smart ai, but it does spawn zombies lol
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby rdsandersjr » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Why was this in SVN commits.... Moving post
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Return to “%s” General