SVN Revision 3361 - DataQuest/RewardQuest Finish Icon

View and discuss the latests SVN commits, to ensure the best efficiency in our work.

Moderators: Support Team, Developer Team

SVN Revision 3361 - DataQuest/RewardQuest Finish Icon

Postby Leodagan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Finally I spent some time on looking why we couldn't have the nice "Finish Quest" Icon on DOL.

This Quest-like Icon have a blue aura to tell players that this NPC can give them a reward for a finished quest.

This doesn't work for One-Step Quest... (Obviously the regular Quest Icon can apply there if needed)

This work only for DataQuest and RewardQuest that gives Methods to know when they are finished and who is rewarding (for RewardQuest it's always the QuestGiver...)

This gives a nice feeling when completing multiple quest in the tutorial area (which is a playful area for quest of all types !) it's easy to match the quest rewarder, and maybe this get the feeling that something could be done for mid-step npc !

The patch is short and not really written to support all type of Quest, but "DataQuest"-alike should be the future for implementing quests, and could be improved to give more description on every step (which DataQuest does nicely, but RewardQuest is another story !!)

Here is the Commit Log :
Code: Select all
Update : Improve Quest Icon Handling to allow for the "Quest Finish" Icon displaying over NPC when they allow to finish a quest. That work for kill finishing step too, so be careful if you target too much NPC on the Last Step of a DataQuest it could spam with Finish Quest Icons over Mob Spots ! Quest Finish Icon Only works for DataQuest and RewardQuest Type, the other quest type don't allow to easily check who is the last step and when it's the last step ! Best way to test this change, build a level 1 character, test the first Tutorial Quest (DataQuest with KillFinish event on sparring guard), then test Tutorial Armory Quest (RewardQuest) Fix : Missing update from RegionTimerResync
Leodagan
Developer

Re: SVN Revision 3361 - DataQuest/RewardQuest Finish Icon

Postby Tolakram » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I don't think kill finish should display the finish icon. :)

Only steps that require the player to return to a friendly NPC for a final word or interaction should display the icon, IMO.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Leodagan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Well I was thinking KillFinish shouldn't be part of the StepType to match for finished icon, but after trying the first Tutorial Quest that ask for killing a Sparring Guard it looks pretty fine, and targets displays on map as BLUE icon (rewarder instead of quest giver)

I checked the whole Storm DB, only this first quest is finishing on a "KillFinish" mostly all quest finish on a "get back to NPC and interact" basis, so it won't display this Icon on mobs...

Anyway I must spend more Time on Live to see if we can use the map some more, I'm pretty sure it can display quest step target last time I tried Live Tutorial !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Ah, I see what you're saying!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Graveen » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Ah excellent ! TY
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Argo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

is that working with the 1.109 Game Dll Leo?

@Mark: This makes DQs perfect Mark :D Something i was hoping for sionce a long time.

regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:42 pm

yes Argo, tested with 1.109 and 1.115c (I still hope someone will update portal for everyone to test this...)

Just create a fresh char on storm, and try tutorial, there are the 2 first quest that shows pretty well how the update work ;)

But I think they're your work anyway ;)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:08 am

the quests yes, the DQ system is made by Tolakram :) The quest you are talking about must be basics of combat. that's the one where you first get the diffrent colors explained and at the end you have to kill a sparring npc. Then defending the tower, welcome to albion, etc..... :P

regards

Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Argo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:24 am

I just tried it and i love it :) allthough not all quests show the blue symbol when quest is to be finished. but it is already awesome. Waited for this since tola created the DQsystem :D.

Great Job Leo,

Argo
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 am

This only work for quest from DataQuest (DQ) and RewardQuest (and derived)

All other quests that inherit AbstractQuest or BasicQuest won't work, they don't use property to track the advance of the quest, so I can't guess when it's the last step (and I can't guess who is the last target either)

So yes the Basics of Combat etc shows how it work for DQ if you have any DQ not showing the finish icon I'm pretty much interested :)
And for RewardQuest there is a repeatable "Armory" quest just when entering in Tutorial Towns, (don't remember the name exactly) this is the one I used for testing !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 am

i have implemented it today on my homeshard Ancaria and i must honestly say that i am stunned. works flawless and its great to see now which npc or mob ends your quest. Great Job Leo.

Michael

PS: I will remove the original quests i made for the tutorial islands of Storm in the past. I have revamped every single DQ to the knowledge that i possess these days and they have become much much better. So i will replace them with the revamped version of the Sounds quests.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:28 am

Did you change the quests to match the "today's" tutorial zone ?

From what I tested on Pendragon the startup zones are a bit different than current Storm tutorial zone ;) (the keep being under attack and startup location is in the tutorial town)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:19 pm

nope, i did not change to the new user journey experience, i just reworked the old DQs to take more advantage of the nowadays technic and removed some errors and bugs from them. I plan to extend the old quests with some of the new user experience quests. I am not going 100% by the rules with the tuto islands, and honestly, why not taking the best of two worlds? :)

just my two cents :)

Argo
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:17 am

Well I have no "feeling" for the tutorial zone except that they are pretty useful for me on Live as they are made to discover every game capability, when I want to gather some data on Live most of Time tutorial is enough :)

And well I found that the quests that lead you to defend your tutorial keep against enemy realm "NPC" is really fun :)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:36 am

... And well I found that the quests that lead you to defend your tutorial keep against enemy realm "NPC" is really fun :)
have to check that and maybe ...... :mrgreen:
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” DOL SVN Commits