SVN Revision 3238 - DataQuest search support, area changes

View and discuss the latests SVN commits, to ensure the best efficiency in our work.

Moderators: Support Team, Developer Team

SVN Revision 3238 - DataQuest search support, area changes

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:40 pm

https://sourceforge.net/p/dolserver/code/3238/

Added: Search, SearchFinish, and SearchStart support for Data Quests. See comments for documentation on usage.

Bugfix: Fixed an issue with Region:RemoveArea that would not correctly re-index the zone cache. Changed to use a Dictionary and ensure the area index was unique for each area. This may fix some outstanding issues associated with Realm Abilities adding and removing areas.

Added: /player areas command to show a players current areas. QuestSearchAreas also report associated quest and valid step.

changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/gameobjects/GameNPC.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/world/Instance/Instance.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/quests/QuestsMgr/Utility/QuestSearchArea.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/commands/gmcommands/Player.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/commands/playercommands/QuestCommands.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/commands/gmcommands/mob.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/gameobjects/GameObject.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/quests/QuestsMgr/AbstractQuest.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServerScripts/quests/Examples and Tutorials/Search quest/WingsOfTheIsleHibernia.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/quests/QuestsMgr/DataQuest.cs
changed /DOLSharp/trunk/GameServer/world/Region.cs
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: SVN Revision 3238 - DataQuest search support, area chang

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Decimation Trap uses RemoveArea and this may have been bugged if more than one player placed a trap. Error messages on console would indicate a bad index in GetAreasOfZone. This should be fixed, but not tested. Since I changed Region and the way Areas are stored there is the potential for introducing new problems. Please report them here if you find any area related issues.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Here's the documentation for the new Search support in DataQuests, copied from the file comments.

SourceName - Various uses as defined below:

Search
SearchFinish

- Defines a complete quest search area and any associated messages.
Format: SEARCH;Step #;Popup Text;Region ID;X;Y;RADIUS;TIME TIME = amount of time search takes, in seconds

Ex: SEARCH;2;Search here for the ring;12;5000;77665;500;20

The Text entry can be blank for no popup display. Ex: SEARCH;2;;12;5000;77665;500;20

Multiple search entries can also be created:

SEARCH;2;Search for ring here;12;5000;77665;500;20|SEARCH;3;Search for necklace here;12;8000;74665;500;20

You only need to make entries for each search area, not for every step. Search areas must start with SEARCH

For Search steps, if Searching succeeds the Step is advanced as normal, using StepitemTemplate to give any item to the player. You can make it so searching does not always succeed by adding a chance to the StepitemTemplate as described below.

SearchFinish uses FinalRewardsItemTemplate to give items to a player and finish the quest.

SearchStart - Similar to above but removes Required Step and adds an item template to give to player on startup

ex: SEARCHSTART;Some_Item_Template;You see some disturbed soil, you might want to search here.;12;5000;77665;500;20

You must assign all SearchStart quests to a mob or object in order for the quest to load and allow refreshes. Any mob or object will work, and the mob or object will not display any indications that it holds one of these quests.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Here are the examples I used to test these quests.
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO `dataquest` (`Name`, `StartType`, `StartName`, `StartRegionID`, `AcceptText`, `Description`, `SourceName`, `SourceText`, `StepType`, `StepText`, `StepItemTemplates`, `AdvanceText`, `TargetName`, `TargetText`, `CollectItemTemplate`, `MaxCount`, `MinLevel`, `MaxLevel`, `RewardMoney`, `RewardXP`, `OptionalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinishText`, `QuestDependency`, `ClassType`, `AllowedClasses`, `RewardCLXP`, `RewardRP`, `RewardBP`) VALUES ('Test Search 1', 0, 'Search Test', 10060, 'search', 'Hey, go over there and [search]', 'SEARCH;1;You should /search here!;10060;560543;512980;200;5|SEARCH;2;You should also /search here!;10060;533482;476723;300;5', 'Go over and search|You found a ring!|You found another ring!|Good for you.', '8|8|5', 'Go Search|Search More|Return item to Search Start', 'd2_trusty_ring|d2_trusty_ring', NULL, '||Search Test;10060', NULL, NULL, 9999, 1, 100, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'Search test finished', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO `dataquest` (`Name`, `StartType`, `StartName`, `StartRegionID`, `AcceptText`, `Description`, `SourceName`, `SourceText`, `StepType`, `StepText`, `StepItemTemplates`, `AdvanceText`, `TargetName`, `TargetText`, `CollectItemTemplate`, `MaxCount`, `MinLevel`, `MaxLevel`, `RewardMoney`, `RewardXP`, `OptionalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinishText`, `QuestDependency`, `ClassType`, `AllowedClasses`, `RewardCLXP`, `RewardRP`, `RewardBP`) VALUES ('Search Start 1', 5, 'Search Test', 10060, NULL, 'You find a shiny ring!', 'SEARCHSTART;d2_trusty_ring;You might want to /search here!;10060;560543;512980;200;5', 'Source Text!', '5', 'Talk to Search Test', NULL, NULL, 'Search Test;10060', NULL, NULL, 9999, 1, 100, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO `dataquest` (`Name`, `StartType`, `StartName`, `StartRegionID`, `AcceptText`, `Description`, `SourceName`, `SourceText`, `StepType`, `StepText`, `StepItemTemplates`, `AdvanceText`, `TargetName`, `TargetText`, `CollectItemTemplate`, `MaxCount`, `MinLevel`, `MaxLevel`, `RewardMoney`, `RewardXP`, `OptionalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinalRewardItemTemplates`, `FinishText`, `QuestDependency`, `ClassType`, `AllowedClasses`, `RewardCLXP`, `RewardRP`, `RewardBP`) VALUES ('Test Search Finish', 0, 'Search Test', 10060, 'search', 'Hey, go over there and [search] to finish.', 'SEARCH;1;You should /search here!;10060;560543;512980;200;5', 'Go over and search|You found a ring!|You found another ring!|Good for you.', '9', 'Go Search|Search More|Return item to Search Start', '', NULL, '||Search Test;10060', NULL, NULL, 9999, 1, 100, NULL, '5', NULL, 'd2_trusty_ring', 'Search test finished', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:05 pm

I've started an article for Data Quests.

http://www.dolserver.net/articles/?article=48

Just a copy of the file comment for now. When I have time I'll find my old examples and add them.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Graveen » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Need to think about how to include search into DQ builder. A map section 'd be interesting to visually put the search place, with zoom.

About it, i have rewritten things that we could use for others tools:

- mysql login control (based ofc on DOLDatabase)
- mobs/items selection control (for now a form, based on DOLModelViewer to cache the process, and allow updates of mobs/items - and later, objects - no Etaew, i have not surrender :p)
- DQ type and various enums that are dynamically get from GameServer.dll (i onf still need to push the proper interface in case of Search in example)
- some UI changes

Slow updates, but efficient ones :)

More to come !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Leodagan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm

This is awesome :)

Quests are gonna be mostly implemented in database with this kind of updates !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 am

I forgot a note.

Added /player areas command so you can see what areas you are in. QuestSearchAreas will also report the associated quest and step.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Argo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I know i will love it :D
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” DOL SVN Commits