SVN Rev:3375- Data-Driven Career

View and discuss the latests SVN commits, to ensure the best efficiency in our work.

Moderators: Support Team, Developer Team

Re: SVN Rev:3375- Data-Driven Career

Postby Marko » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:35 am

I think most of my issues were in a bad compile - things seem to be mostly working now. I like most of everything here, although I kind of wish the realm abilities weren't hard coded. To me the durations, effects, damage, etc. should be in the db where they're easy to tweak for balance issues. That way you only have to restart the server instead of doing a whole recompile. The realm abilities seem to be getting listed by the various trainers incorrectly as well. The delve and doesn't match the list that's presented by the trainer (at least for Paladin and Cleric) - and clicking the text in some cases causes all kinds of red text over in the server window (Index out of range errors, index must not be negative errors, etc).

Anyways, I'd say most of that is pretty minor compared with what has been accomplished - awesome stuff man!
Marko
DOL Novice

Postby Leodagan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Removing Hard Coded Realm Abilities will be a future improvement...

The only way to correctly allow for "full" customization would be to use the spell system for realm abilities (with some specific check to not use specialization for variance / resists and other stuffs)

If you read current Core source, you should find some "stub" about using Spells as Realm Abilities, but you'll need to code the specific spells on your own...

https://github.com/Dawn-of-Light/DOLSha ... Ability.cs

The Key Usage is : Ability Key Name => Spell Line Name, Then Ability Level Match Spell Line Level to retrieve the spell Accordingly...

This is mostly untested !
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Marko » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:25 pm

One more quick question. I've just started looking around Atlantis and use sniperwolf's db for the most part to populate the area. But I'm having a problem with the AncientBoundDjinn.cs script. It never gets down into the OnSubSelectionPicked part of the script. therefore the only ports that work for me are Camelot, Sauvage, and Snowdonia. I'm unsure why the Gothwaite port isn't working, it works for other teleporters... And I don't use any of the housing stuff, so I haven't tested that part.

I do have entries in the Teleport table for all of the Atlantis locations, but the sub-selection text is never offered to the player, so they can't select where they want to teleport to within the Atlantis region. Grateful for any hints or fixes anyone might know, Thanks! And keep up the great work! I love what's been achieved!

[later] I've been experimenting trying to get teleporters working in Atlantis and I suspect there is something different going on there (?) I tried to implement a 'regional' teleporter in Atlantis like I have in SI, Albion, Hib, Mid, etc. But it doesn't work in Atlantis. Everywhere else they're great, but for the life of me, I can't get teleporting in Atlantis to work :(

[Even Later] OK - I got my Atlantis teleporter working. Even though the code reads that it is NOT case sensitive (which is true in other areas) it IS case sensitive in Atlantis - even with the destination.TeleportID.ToLower() command which should convert everything to lowercase - it doesn't. After changing everything to Camel Case in the db,to match the pop-up dialogue, it all started working. Oh well, on big mystery solved - and now that it's getting very late I think I see where my issue is in my code. I think it's just converting to lowercase on the SWITCH/CASE statement, not on the actual call to the db. The db must match the dialogue or vice-versa, regardless of the ToLower Function used in the SWITCH block. ANYWAY, this is all just a big hack to get around the ancient djinn not working, so... At least there is a work around. I'll have to look at the djinn code some other day to see why it isn't falling through to the secondary selections for teleportation.
Marko
DOL Novice

Postby Leodagan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:28 am

Sorry but this is completely off-topic...

Your Ancient Bound Djinn troubles are mostly related to Teleporter Scripts (check for base class if you think some issues need to be fixed, and update or open a related topic !)
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” DOL SVN Commits