SVN 3411 - ServerProperties Update

View and discuss the latests SVN commits, to ensure the best efficiency in our work.

Moderators: Support Team, Developer Team

SVN 3411 - ServerProperties Update

Postby Leodagan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:28 am

Small Revamp of ServerProperties Class.

I had to build some code to list "ALL" server properties (in DB, in Runtime, in Attributes...), I made some specific methods to retrieve all this data in a dictionary, and thought it could be useful for any Dev so I've put this method in the Core Properties...

Finally adding these methods to "Properties" Static Class showed that it could be pretty easy to use it for loading and saving...

..And I updated how the Properties are initialized on server server startup to use these new methods

It only use one DB query for all loading (faster server start), the Properties are now loaded only once after scripts are compiled (there was a static constructor before...) , "slash commands" have been moved from script compilation, to be loaded after server properties ! (there is a server prop "Disabled_commands"... so we need this before loading commands !)

This shouldn't change anything in server behavior, just some startup speed-up and optimization :D
Leodagan
Developer

Re: SVN 3409 - ServerProperties Update

Postby Graveen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:07 am

:):):)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: SVN 3411 - ServerProperties Update

Postby Leodagan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:18 am

Please try to not use SVN 3409 if you didn't updated, there is a bug in culture info for floating point separator (or you'll have to fix all "comma" to "point" if your default culture wasn't "US" :oops: )

Go straight to 3411 :)
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” DOL SVN Commits