Npcs taking while to load

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Npcs taking while to load

Postby Draqolv » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Ok so i have this issue where my npcs on my server take 3-5 seconds to load after death releases or firstly coming into the game.. im sure its like a refresh rate issue but does anyone know how to fix this??
Draqolv
DOL Guest

Re: Npcs taking while to load

Postby Tolakram » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm

When you enter a region the server is sending all the game data to your client. If you are running the client and the server on the same machine you're likely to get this slowdown. Generally, even on live, it may take a few seconds to get and draw all the game objects.

ObjectCreate packet -> sent to client -> client receives and draws object based on object info sent in packet.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Draqolv » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 pm

any way i can speed things up or would the best thing to stop this be run the db on a separate computer? Its not just me by the way its everyone on the server.
Draqolv
DOL Guest

Postby Tolakram » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

any way i can speed things up or would the best thing to stop this be run the db on a separate computer? Its not just me by the way its everyone on the server.

Sounds like a server issue. The loop is pretty small and efficient, so either the server is running too slow or bandwidth is limited and it's taking a while to send out all the packets. Storm:D2 has more mobs and objects than you do, guaranteed, and it doesn't take that long to send. A dedicated server machine is really the most important aspect of performance.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Blue » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Do you start a DAoC client on the machine where server runs? Whats the CPU usage on the server.
ex DOL Lead Developer
Blue
Uthgard Admin

Postby lzugl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Yes i am connecting to the server to play that the DB is on.
The computer is running crossfired 6850s, 8 gigs of ram, fx 4.2 8 core. My internet is 50meg down 15 up
lzugl
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” Support