Heretic Ramping

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Heretic Ramping

Postby Marko » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm using the latest public db, and not sure this can be fixed with a table tweak anyways.

The ramping seems to be incorrect for heretics. For example on a snaring concentration DoT, let's say the damage ramp is supposed to be 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc. When a mob resists the 8 tic, the next tic SHOULD be 10, but it's re-starting at 8. If the mob resists several times in a row, say the 8, 10, and 12 tics, the next non-resisted tic should be for 14 damage - NOT 8.

The non-snaring tics should ramp even faster (exponentially); 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, etc. and resists are just for that particular tic, the next tic should be a properly ramped value - not the value resisted (as described above if the 8, 16, & 32 tics are resisted, the next non-resisted tic should hit for 64 damage, NOT 8 damage).

At least that's how I remember my heretic working on Live - maybe they've since been mega-nerf'd?

Not sure if these fixes are code (re-compile) fixes or simple updates to the db spell table (?)
Marko
DOL Novice

Re: Heretic Ramping

Postby Graveen » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 am

Hello Marko,

Have you the name of the spells (both snaring and not snaring) ? I could throw an eye.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Leodagan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:46 pm

It needs code fixes, I had troubles with these and had to rewrite all ramping spells...

It can be tricky as the basic focus handling is pretty badly coded !

I don't remember what I changed exactly, and my fixes are lightly tested, but maybe there could be a quick work around.
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Marko » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks for the quick feedback. The non-snaring line all start with "Arawn's" (singe, heat, sparks, etc.) The snaring line all start with "Blazing" (flow, stream, current, etc.)

I did a quick and dirty tweak to the db on my server just to try it out by increasing the initial dmg and ramping slightly faster and lengthening the spell duration so it would last throughout the mob's closing distance. I've since noticed a few times that if the initial spell/tic is resisted, all subsequent tics are resisted and that doesn't seem correct either (?). That def. sounds like a code change to how resists work with Heretic DoTs.

On Cabbies and other conventional DoT dependent classes the whole spell can be resisted. But for Concentration type DoTs like a Heretic it shouldn't work that way, since each subsequent tic is wearing away concentration regardless of whether the first one is resisted or not. I hope that makes sense, and for similar reasons, that's why a resist shouldn't reverse/reset subsequent damage tics, since the Heretic has not stopped concentrating.

It's starting to sound complicated now :( sorry...
Marko
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” Support