Paladin Spell Icon, Minor Refreshment

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Paladin Spell Icon, Minor Refreshment

Postby Marko » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi all,

From all the digging around that I've done through the forums and through ETAEW's db site, another icon db mentioned in the spell icon thread, and the whole identifying spell icons thread, it seems that the icon for the Paladin's spell "Minor Refreshment" should be 1250. However when I edit the 'icon' value in the 'spell' table (spellID 1008, ClientEffect 1008, Icon 1250, etc) , I still get a question mark icon (even after restarting the server). Am I missing something? Is there another table/column I need to update? (I'm using the 'one-click' engine with the public 3.0 db)

BTW, I noted that when I got the next level of the Refreshment spell, everything worked. So thinking that I could just retro the settings from Lesser Refreshment down to Minor Refreshment, I set Minor's effect and Icon to be the same as Lesser (both 1009), restarted the server to reload the db (is there an easier way to do this "in game"?)

Leveled up a new Pally, and BOING - it worked! :) Sorry to have bugged y'all, but hopefully this will help another newb someday :)
Marko
DOL Novice

Re: Paladin Spell Icon, Minor Refreshment

Postby Tolakram » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 pm

I've never been able to solve the problem of the hidden icon for that first level of refreshment.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: Paladin Spell Icon, Minor Refreshment

Postby Leodagan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:20 am

There is some weird behavior in client around icon ID.

The only thing I could understand is that internally there is a "Spell ID => Icon ID" match and if you want to force "Icon ID" you better find which "Spell ID" maps it !

For example if the Spell ID 1009 is a grey-colored refreshment icon, and you want to use the same icon for Spell ID 1008 you have to set "1009" in Icon ID, for effect ID there is mostly no work around, when you cast "Effect ID" on a target the Icon will always be the one from "Spell ID == Effect ID"
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” Support