Pet classes issue

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Pet classes issue

Postby Marko » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Something is def. not working properly with pet classes like BD, Cabby, and SM. On "Live" I'm able to pull with a debuff and as soon as my pet so much as blinks at the mob, the mob aggros on the pet. On DOL, the mob chases my ass around until it's got a sliver of life left before it gives up and fights my pet - and that's with me just running around and not inflicting ANY damage whatsoever. Even with 3 BD pets whacking it, the mob refuses to change agro target ??? Is this a db tweak? If so I can probably do a quick-fix, but if it's in the source scripts it'll have to wait. Just curious. Thanks!
Marko
DOL Novice

Re: Pet classes issue

Postby Marko » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 am

Another thing I noticed which may be useful for troubleshooting. As a Cabby - using Nearsight (once you get 20 points in Matter - I think), that can be used much more reliably as a PULL without maxing the cabby on the aggro list.

The thing that really seems to max the aggro meter is when the mob *resists* a debuff - that mob will NOT let go of the caster come hell or high water - which is totally the opposite of what one would expect.
Marko
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Sorry this is not a DB stuff. The pet stuff in combat is handled in standardmobbrain, and yes, this is a tricky part that would need a lot of work to be corrected. You could use replacement for SMB (in the code).

Last, i have started 3 months ago a merge between eden codebase and dol. Sadly, as it is ok, we can't really test it and adress all the regressions, but i guess Eden codebase was more live compliant.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Marko » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:31 pm

I was kinda was afraid of that. Well, I've ordered a heap of C# books, which shouldn't be too bad to learn since I've been coding forever (had to use COBOL 'back in the day'). And I can re-use the info for the High School Computer Club where I'm a faculty sponsor. It should help with my Unity3D scripting too. Thanks for the input, I may take a peek at that SMB once I get a bit more familiar with C# conventions.
Marko
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 pm

But TBH, i'm surprized such a bug is still here, bexcause this is exactly something that would have hugely impacted DOL. Can you test it on Storm and tell us if it is similar to DOL core ?
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” Support