SQL is giving me cancer.

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

SQL is giving me cancer.

Postby pyrite1978 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 pm

I am at a total loss here.. :( i just recently started encountering this issue..

MOBs seem to forget their class. fresh DB, mobs are fine , trainers train, emblemeers emblem. Registrars register... so on so forth... and for no apparent reason, they forget whom they are.

Everything seems to be reverting back to DOL.GS.GameNPC from what ever class it had to begin with.

I sometimes get the impression I am running multiple DBs, and the server is pulling from both.. But I know this isnt true..

I am at a total loss. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
pyrite1978
DOL Apprentice

Re: SQL is giving me cancer.

Postby pyrite1978 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:54 pm

sidenote.. Thus far, teleporters seem to all remember whom they are, the merchants that have checked also remember.

and the mobs that I manually fixed in game, last night also seem to recall after running server all night, then restarting it and loging in.

Absolutely confused.
pyrite1978
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:56 am

Check for errors on your server console.

I've never heard of this, and it can't really happen without something or someone making updates to the database.

Are you running without any non-DOL scripts? When in doubt the best course of action is to remove all custom scripts to see if any are causing issues.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby pyrite1978 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 pm

I get lots of non related errors.. mobs that dont have loot tables.. or reference loot tables that dont exist, and RVR guards missing pathing.. but nothing related to the issues im having thus far. I have tried dol pub 3.0 one I found called dol pub 3.1 and 2 versions of misi, both of which are very broken.

I just dunno what to think about it.. Im gonna blame Win 8.1 tho.. as It has been a nightmare since i installed it.
pyrite1978
DOL Apprentice

Postby Marko » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:01 am

Hmm, I haven't noted that before, but I usually kill my server as soon as I'm done playing/testing stuff, so it's never actually run overnight. I have run it all day without issues (other than losing crafting skills - permanently - but I think that's a different issue).

I run the server off of a portable hard-drive that I move between a Win7 desktop and a Win8.1 Laptop, so I doubt it's a Win8 thing.

I do agree that the 3.0 db (with some tweaks, well... many tweaks) is the best db currently avail. :)
Marko
DOL Novice

Postby pyrite1978 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am

I leave my server up 24/7 usually. just for the sole purpose to see if it has a panic attack while nothing is goin on :P
I am have also opened it up to a few friends for play testing and such.. I had not initially planned to make this an open server, it was gonna be just for me and friends/family.. but if enough people were to take interest.. and I could scrounge up some helpers.. I'd probably make it a full time job.

As it stands right now tho, I doubt it. Few people care for modern DAOC.. I do. I started in 2001.. and I DEFINATELY think todays daoc is better than yesterdays.. SUre,, all these "OF" servers are semi nostalgic, (when they get it right) but I dont care for them (hence my NF private server) But If there was enough people interested in the server, I would dedicate time and resources to it.

At any rate,, It looks like im just gonna be using the 3.0 DB and building off of that..

I would be greatly appreciative of anyone that would be willing to share with me mob/items/drops scripts pertaining to SI, Catacombs, and NF... ANYTHING to lessen the tedious task of spawning these places would be a tremendous help :)
pyrite1978
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” Support