Problem with client to log in

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Problem with client to log in

Postby Mikhal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello all

I have a little problem with my client to log onto my server. Until now it all worked fine. I had the 1.95 EU Client and had no problems for years but now i had too many windows open at the same time when i was trying something and i copied the US patcher into my DOL client and when starting daoc portal and starting the patcher there in setting and then he showed me in the client info 1.89 US Labyrinth. Now i couldnt log in cause he said i had the wrong version. Fortunately i had a copy of the same daoc folder wich worked until now. But when i deleted the new one with the US patcher and put the other on its still the same that he says i have the wrong version and in the setting screen from portal he always shows Client 1.89 US Labyrinth. Whole time there wasnt an internet connection so that he couldnt have downloaded something when i hit the patch button or similar things.

Someone has a idea what i can do that i can log in like before with my 1.95 client? only others ones i have on my PC are 1.112 and 1.114 but they are both to high and the link for the 1.109 dll didnt work for me.

Greetings Mikhal
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Re: Problem with client to log in

Postby Mikhal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Noticed that when i change the update.dat file the client info in the portal changes too but somehow all files i have to test are 1.89 or below :(
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:34 am

Backups are the key to life.

This link does not work for you? http://www.mediafire.com/?763i3ia6j4y3yot
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Mikhal » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:28 am

found a working link but with the 1.109 dll still doesnt work:(.. Always get the message that i have not the right version and in the server log stands "connection disabled- client to low/high". I restored the screwed up daoc folder from the backup i had but dont know why its still showing either 1.89 US or 1.89 EU client :confused:
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Postby Mikhal » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:40 am

Gave it another try.. remembered myself of my old PC and there i had the exact folders wich worked until now.. tried DOL on the old one and it worked completely fine with 1.95 EU but in the portal he also shows as client info 1.89 US. Then i deleted all portal and daoc folders on the new PC and copied the ones from the old. But then again it was the same error :(..

the server log says: -incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:49788
- Disconnecting client 127.0.0.1:49788 received bytes=0
- incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:49797
- IsAllowedToConnect deny access to client version (too low) version 195
- 127.0.0.1 disconnected because IsAllowedToConnect returned false
- Packet processor: ObjectDisposedException

strange thing i noticed: when i had copied the new folder it had about 66.7xx files and after trying to connect i have now 66.904 files in the same folder :o . The working one on the old PC never changed.

Is it maybe better to remove all stuff from the harddrive like MySql etc and then try again?
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:07 am

Looks like you have the serverproperty set to not allow versions below a certain level. Clear it out.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Mikhal » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:08 pm

Hiho :)

Sorry was on vacation last week and had no internet :p..do you mean that one i can change in DOLconfig or somewhere else? If yes i tried different versions there as it didnt worked but nothing helped. Normally i have it on default value. ( -1 for any client if i remember right)
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Postby Mikhal » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:34 pm

After i didnt managed to get it working i installed als things new. MySQL, Tortoise, HeidiSQL and DOL. Did all like my copied instructions from here say and worked fine until i came to the step for open the DawnofLight.sln. On my last server i hadnt made a svn update for about 2,5years. When i did it now he said i couldnt open the sln-file with Visual C# 2010. So i tried it with 2012 and it worked. Made a debug folder and started the DOLserver so that he created all tables. Then when i open the DOLConfig to test the connection i sometime get a message about "keyword not supported" or something like that and when i hit the button for test i get

"Authentification to host 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with unknown database:
Unknown database 'dol'"

Dont know exactly what to do now because i made it like all the time before and the thing with the "mysql_native_password" is totally new for me at that point :damm:
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Postby Crazys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:42 pm

After i didnt managed to get it working i installed als things new. MySQL, Tortoise, HeidiSQL and DOL. Did all like my copied instructions from here say and worked fine until i came to the step for open the DawnofLight.sln. On my last server i hadnt made a svn update for about 2,5years. When i did it now he said i couldnt open the sln-file with Visual C# 2010. So i tried it with 2012 and it worked. Made a debug folder and started the DOLserver so that he created all tables. Then when i open the DOLConfig to test the connection i sometime get a message about "keyword not supported" or something like that and when i hit the button for test i get

"Authentification to host 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with unknown database:
Unknown database 'dol'"

Dont know exactly what to do now because i made it like all the time before and the thing with the "mysql_native_password" is totally new for me at that point :damm:
You need to run the DOLServer.exe first. Once it runs once you close it out and then run the DOLConfig.
Inside the DOLConfig you need to put in your mysql login information so the server can connect to the database.
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Mikhal » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:23 am

I did so but get the error everytime. But i solved it now. Old server is runnig again yay:). Noticed that he changed with every login I try the max and min client version to a version i didnt had although i put it on -1 before. Luckily found all my old backups and installedwhole stuff now it works again:). And when i change now the min and max client version it stays at that number. Thanks alll for your help:)). Only thing i cant do is a SVN update on my old files but that doenst matter soo much:p
Mikhal
DOL Apprentice

Return to “%s” Support