Building a fresh shard Error on SQLite

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Building a fresh shard Error on SQLite

Postby dargon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:43 am

Well, I decided to start working on a minor side project, slowly working on a somewhat live-like shard. for two reasons, I love live shards, but my choice is pretty much Old Stonehange, which has some non live-like features (a few quests, and TOA encounters) So I figured, if I can make custom classes, new encounters, and other decent mods, Why couldn't I make livelike shard that can also help storm grow (I plan to give any and all scripts I fix/make As well as give out any DB mods.) So

HERES MY ISSUE BELOW
Code: Select all
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'SQLite' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLDatabase\Connection\DataConnection.cs 26 19 DOLDatabase Error 2 The type or namespace name 'SQLite' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLDatabase\Handlers\SQLiteObjectDatabase.cs 29 19 DOLDatabase Warning 3 The primary reference "System.Data.SQLite" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". DOLDatabase
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Re: Building a fresh shard Error on SQLite

Postby Leodagan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:30 am

Try to upgrade your .NET Framework to version 4.5 (even 4.5.2)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=42642
Leodagan
Developer

Postby dargon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Same error even after installing 4.5.2, and even rebooting.
Code: Select all
Warning 1 The primary reference "System.Data.SQLite" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". DOLDatabase Error 2 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\DOLDatabase.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\GameServer\CSC GameServer Error 3 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\DOLDatabase.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\UnitTests\CSC UnitTests Error 4 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\GameServer.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\UnitTests\CSC UnitTests Error 5 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\DOLDatabase.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLServer\CSC DOLServer Error 6 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\GameServer.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLServer\CSC DOLServer Error 7 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\DOLDatabase.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\GameServerScripts\CSC GameServerScripts Error 8 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\GameServer.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\GameServerScripts\CSC GameServerScripts Error 9 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\DOLDatabase.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLConfig\CSC DOLConfig Error 10 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\debug\lib\GameServer.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLConfig\CSC DOLConfig Error 11 The type or namespace name 'SQLite' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLDatabase\Connection\DataConnection.cs 26 19 DOLDatabase Error 12 The type or namespace name 'SQLite' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Mannik\Desktop\WorldsOfDaoc\DOLDatabase\Handlers\SQLiteObjectDatabase.cs 29 19 DOLDatabase Warning 13 A custom tool 'ResXFileCodeGenerator' is associated with file 'Resources.resx', but the output of the custom tool was not found in the project. You may try re-running the custom tool by right-clicking on the file in the Solution Explorer and choosing Run Custom Tool. DOLConfig
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Leodagan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Obviously you should also update the compile target to 4.5 in your IDE ;)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby dargon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Hopfully last question, and hate to be a bother, I've pretty much learned C# through messing with DOL Code, so while i can write some scripts, i dont know much about visual studio, So sorry, but how would i go about this? I tried a google, but didnt find much info.
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Leodagan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:12 pm

I use SharpDevelop, I never tried visual studio ;)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:29 pm

I had no issue getting the latest version and building, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

the .NET version is set for each project.

- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby HunabKu » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:30 pm

"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Leodagan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:30 am

I had no issue getting the latest version and building, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

the .NET version is set for each project.
I think the way I shipped the SQLite DLL is giving a lot of trouble for people using different compile options than the default one I(We?) use while building...

I don't have a lot of knowledge around library distribution, and I added this SQLite module to allow one-click start of server, if it makes more troubles than previous version maybe it's not a great idea ? (Even with MySQL enforced in configuration I'm pretty sure DOL will need to find the SQLite DLL regardless...)

Is the Autobuilder working nicely with this revision ? (if we still have an Autobuilder ?)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 pm

No idea on AutoBuilder.

I have my own solution for the Core code but it has all the projects and the Database Project has a reference to SQLite and it compiles and runs without issue. I don't recall updating my .NET runtimes for a long while yet I build without a problem. I think this is a .NET install issue where there is a missing version of .NET in some installs.

I'd like to remind people that Microsoft touted .NET 1.0 and references as the way to get rid of DLL hell! Now we have reference hell.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Graveen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Effectively the autobuild is not working. fixing it now...
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Graveen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

updated to .NET4.5 and removed bad Storm reference
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby dargon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Using the link given by HunabKu, I was able to build. Thank you all!
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Graveen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:07 pm

updated back to .NET4.0, but installed assemblies for SQLite ngen'ed for .NET4.0. Anyhow it should not break your GAC !
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” Support