Mob Brains of Mobs(NPCTemplates)

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Mob Brains of Mobs(NPCTemplates)

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello DOL, i think this topic is very specially or i guess for some easy as f** ;)

because my staff team is atm working on NPCTemplates which casts some spells, all is fine...

now I created an Echanter NPC Template with the Undehill Ally Pet Spell, the problem is, that the npctemplate casts this spell all the time but the mob is already there, do i need to write an own brain for it or an own spell ? i tried to add at the SummonUnderhill Spellhandler a check if the mob get casted by a GameNPC, but it doesnt work.

So can someone tell me how I can fix or add that the Pet which gets casted by a GameNPC is the owner of this mob and if the owner starts attacking the pet starts attacking too. Because we have npctemplates which are using other ench pets, and they are working... :confused:

best regards
xanth
Xanth
DOL Acolyte

Re: Mob Brains of Mobs(NPCTemplates)

Postby Leodagan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Brains is failing on "spawn"...

The kind of spell used by underhill ally is not fit for "GameNPC", the "defensive" spells checked in brain throw exception if the "Owner" is not a player !

The defensive spell check is "spawned" from the Summoning Spell Handler, once the GamePet have been created it checks for "Defensive Spells" which fail if the owner is not a gameplayer, and the exception is not "catched" in there !

So the remaining code that should assign the owner of the GamePet won't be run EVER ! You're caster ends up with no pets "referenced" and try to cast another pet infinitely.

3 solutions :
- Catch the exception from "CheckDefensiveSpells" inside Summoning Spell Handler
- Move the "owner" assignation before the checkdefensivespellls() method
- BOTH !
Leodagan
Developer

Re: Mob Brains of Mobs(NPCTemplates)

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:58 pm

ok thanks for the tipp ;)
Xanth
DOL Acolyte

Return to “%s” Support